• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Correct me if I'm wrong but no different in my mind to the Swans in Sydney. They are a known name in sports in Sydney. Most people I know can name 3-4 of them and have a rough idea on how they are travelling.

Stan have built their platform really well and it suits me great as a Rugby fan but Kayo has it covered still. Stan would have to get a major US sport or the cricket to give it that next bump.
Stan’s gotta get a direct link to the app on Foxtel like they do with Netflix.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
some good news. i saw the skipper going through a very rigorous fitness assessment this am. he looks very UNBROKEN, should see him on the park before years end.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Stacey Ili looks like a great bloke, warm smile and all that, but as an inside centre who really can't pass, I'm not sure he's up to Super Rugby standard.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Stacey Ili looks like a great bloke, warm smile and all that, but as an inside centre who really can't pass, I'm not sure he's up to Super Rugby standard.
He runs nice lines and makes more busts than some centres but no our backline isn't quite clicking. Not sure Hodge is an outside centre either.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I must admit in preseason I'd hoped Nu'u would have managed to stay fit and nail down one jersey with Hodge in the other, but it looks like neither will be here next season. We'll certainly need to do some work on recruiting in that area: I like Ripley and I think Kells would be a good 13 if the rest of the back 3 was of high enough quality, but I'm not confident that any of the current list is fully up to it.

Ili in particular is frustrating, at the beginning of the season it looked like he was keeping things simple and playing above his size, running good hard lines just inside the shoulder of the tackler, that was doing a lot of work to give us a platform in an otherwise "light" backline. But the last 2 to 4 weeks he's just been trying to beat the player on the outside far too often, and been somewhat sloppy with his handling as well (not to say that is unique amongst our team).

Reactions: Tex

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
We really could do with a big, ball playing centre to give options in midfield, though we have good options for centres, none are direct running line breakers alla Kerevi which makes it easier for defences against us, i wonder is Mosese Tuipulotu could be tempted back?

Or we could play Pone at inside centre :)

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We really could do with a big, ball playing centre to give options in midfield, though we have good options for centres, none are direct running line breakers alla Kerevi which makes it easier for defences against us, i wonder is Mosese Tuipulotu could be tempted back?

Or we could play Pone at inside centre :)
Pone is 196cm. Man mountain, he could play fullback, 8 or lock.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pone's the big one that I hope we retain, but I can imagine there may be some RA pressure otherwise.

Can't envision a significant amount of external interest being around for Kailea, Christian or Orr, Orr being 28 and having failed to really break through and the other two not having many runs on the board.