• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I haven't read all this thread, or kept up with all rebel's games this year, but I'm amazed they are so close to bottom of table, time and again when I have watched games they strike me as a team that looks bloody good!!!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I haven't read all this thread, or kept up with all rebel's games this year, but I'm amazed they are so close to bottom of table, time and again when I have watched games they strike me as a team that looks bloody good!!!
dan, they are absolute masters at conjuring new ways to lose games they dominate and should win !

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
dan, they are absolute masters at conjuring new ways to lose games they dominate and should win !
Much as I have seen them swing, as I said I have been so impressed with team when I have wtched them. It must be fairly difficult as a supporter , and @oztimmay almost sums up how I would feel. And I a Canes man and have had experience!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I've attended all six home games this year and as a reward the rebels have invited me to be part of a guard of honour for the players as they run into the field.

Two thoughts come to me.
1. I wonder how many people attended all six Games. Appart from the gather round, crowds have been pretty small, but still there would have to be a fair number.

2. With my old rabodirect labelled kit I'm sure they will not let me anywhere near a spot where a camera would "see" me.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Certainly for Matt. He's been a important steadying presence over the years after the Force situation. And Hosea as one of the guys elevated through local pathways, while not as established in his careers, certainly warrants a mention.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Drua beat Moana but not get a bp
Blues beat Landers
Drua beat Reds & no bp to either
Cheifs beat Force
We beat Brumbies

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The first and last scenario’s are the two most likely to bring you unstuck.

Im hopefull of the Reds getting home but it’ll be pretty tough

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Big afternoon for us today. We really need the Brums to beat the Chiefs and the Tahs to lose to the Crusaders or I see a third string Chiefs team flying to Perth next weekend and the Force hopping over us on the table. A Drua loss also helps.

I thought we would be completely gone by this point so it has really made the whole of this, and hopefully next round pretty interesting. It could come down to the last game next week for us.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
It was the Tahs game that fucked us, the three butchered tries costing us the game Carter getting injured in the final play and missing the next week

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
yeah I must say I'll always try and watch a Rebels game. You know it will be fun to watch and sometimes bizarre!

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Listening to the press conference sounds like Leota almost no chance of playing this week coming. Coach said he’s just not quite there yet. Sounds like he’s not far off but they been cautious and the season ending a little too soon for him to participate in.

Kellaway had Covid earlier in the week as well.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Listening to the press conference sounds like Leota almost no chance of playing this week coming. Coach said he’s just not quite there yet. Sounds like he’s not far off but they been cautious and the season ending a little too soon for him to participate in.

Kellaway had Covid earlier in the week as well.
He also bemoaned the competition finishing short. Said we are missing a trick by having nothing for the remainder of the year and that something needs to be done to keep the teams together for longer in the year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He also bemoaned the competition finishing short. Said we are missing a trick by having nothing for the remainder of the year and that something needs to be done to keep the teams together for longer in the year.
Why does everyone see the issue here yet no one in positions of power want to do anything to fix it? God we need a global season so badly.