• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Great squad player to have.

Not sure how he has travelled the past couple of years, but from his days at the Force he was a player who wore his heart on his sleeve and always gave 100%,

Decent size with mobility and often gets you over the gain line and a dominant tackler.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
This is a canny piece of recruitment - With To'omua/Chibba off we are lacking a few old heads, Talakai and Rangi, though not starters will bolster the voices around the squad and are proven Super Rugby performers as backup.

My only hope this that Anaru cuts the flowing locks into a Mullet to add those in the group

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Underwhelming, good depth option but with Jordy and Mafi he wouldn’t get a game. Was a heart and soul player when he was here but they built it up like it was a big recruit
Based on Uelese and Mafi's injury record Rangi is probably set to get the most game time of the three

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Interesting to note the article states "joins a formidable front row" and then lists the players but no mention of Mafi.
So maybe he will only be behind Uelese who has the resilience of a rice pudding, we may see a fair bit of him.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Interesting to note the article states "joins a formidable front row" and then lists the players but no mention of Mafi.
So maybe he will only be behind Uelese who has the resilience of a rice pudding, we may see a fair bit of him.
If he (Mafi) is joining us they wouldn’t mention him in that context until they formally announce it.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
No wonder they didn’t advertise the results

When I was playing aussie rules at university I remember the senior coach saying we dont need a golden generation to come through but if we can find 2 u/19's a year we will always compete & never a chance of being relegated. Hopefully there is a couple of wallabies in 4-6 years time in this group.

hell of a lot of Rhino's in this group as well i notice

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
72F1BA87-62F7-4D75-9BDF-2F693041261C.jpeg
ECB9F9F7-FD33-4511-8C22-B5B3643A2690.jpeg