• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ooops, thought the WA scoreline was different. Heard this from one of my players who attended the match, so he could watch his brother play for Vic. The scoreline was not as bad as I thought.

Apparently, the Reds pack was on fire yesterday. Looked absolutely mean in the warm-up from what I saw.

Good day put on at Harlequins - ladies junior training, trial match on field two between Rebel U14 and Quins/Broncos/Unicorns U15, then the big match on-field one. Good crowd in, and run well by the Quins team.

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Ooops, thought the WA scoreline was different. Heard this from one of my players who attended the match, so he could watch his brother play for Vic. The scoreline was not as bad as I thought.

Apparently, the Reds pack was on fire yesterday. Looked absolutely mean in the warm-up from what I saw.

Good day put on at Harlequins - ladies junior training, trial match on field two between Rebel U14 and Quins/Broncos/Unicorns U15, then the big match on-field one. Good crowd in, and run well by the Quins team.
Look understandable, were we the only side to play two games over the weekend?

Alex Ross (28)
Is that just you spitballing or actual info?
Half info, Half speculation. Info that “someone” has been signed from elsewhere to cover 10/15. Guessing the rest based on a lack of signature for him at the Rebels and a feeling he might be up for a change.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Half info, Half speculation. Info that “someone” has been signed from elsewhere to cover 10/15. Guessing the rest based on a lack of signature for him at the Rebels and a feeling he might be up for a change.

He's already signed through 2023 with the rebels:
Reece Hodge has signed a record-breaking extension with the Melbourne Rebels and ensured he'll be a backline candidate for the Wallabies when the next Rugby World Cup rolls around.
Versatile back Hodge added a further three seasons to his existing Super Rugby deal – the longest extension in the Rebels' history – taking him through to the end of 2023.

More likely the brumbies have picked up Jack McGregor as 10/15 cover if you're looking for available players

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yes it’s speculative. But I think Rugby Australia might be smoothing arrangements to get players spread out and playing in the critical positions. Kellaway might be 15 at the Rebels and Rugby Australia keen to get another option playing at the Brumbies.
Is the idea that Rugby Australia are working to spread the talent out speculative too? If they are I'm not sure moving Hodge to the Brumbies really qualifies as that. Not to mention the Rebels would need one hell of an incentive to agree, and the only ones I can think of would cause an almighty stink elsewhere, something RA can't really afford to do if they are serious about moving to a more centralised model.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Yes it’s speculative. But I think Rugby Australia might be smoothing arrangements to get players spread out and playing in the critical positions. Kellaway might be 15 at the Rebels and Rugby Australia keen to get another option playing at the Brumbies.
Taking one of the few Wallabies from a struggling side to the most successful team in Australia does not work for spreading the talent. I think with KB (Kurtley Beale) going back to the Tahs you have more chance of recruiting one of there back 3 for cover.