• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I just filled in the Melbourne Rebels member survey. To win two Bledisloe tickets it says to say in 25 words or less what you would like to see more of from the Rebels in 2023. I just typed “wins” 25 times. Kind of brought to mind Vyvyan in The Young Ones entering the Cornflakes competition…

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sad to lose Mafi but I knew it was coming for a while.

He's only 25 and has a lot of upside. Looks like his neck rehab has gone well, but the proof will be next season. Major neck surgery at that age is never a great thing, but if he comes back strong, I think he will end up being a Wallaby.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Don’t think it’s skeptical you, SA don’t do great on the steroid front. The few that get caught are the unlucky few.
I feel a little guilty for mentioning it as I’m one for definitely 2nd chance and 3rd chance at times. But doesn’t mean an * can’t be next to his name.

Agree RSA it’s not talked about enough or looked into enough in the rugby world.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Most definitely, especially if there are salary cap issues or the teams fold completely. Come home, Billy Meakes!

As much as I love that baldo staffy lover, I'm up for Kerevi to make Melbourne home. One look at Billy's insta feed suggests he's a fan of the west coast life. Just waiting for him to do an extras role on Animal Kingdom or something cool like that.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I know it may not be for this thread but is anyone else thinking that Austin & LA could have a mass exodus?
Yeah, a bit of speculation in the exodus thread when they were first kicked out of the finals. Whatever the cause there's every chance their squads (and the other mlr squads as a flow on) see a significant reshuffle that prompts a few Aussies to move on

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Rebels seem to be bringing their ex Force team back together again, so why not Billy Meakes (Phillips, Rangi and Louwrence came from the Force, left and are now re assembling again in Melbourne).

I liked all of them so glad to see them back in Oz again.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I like Billy Meakes but under Rebels leadership he'll be bang on average. He should go elsewhere in Aus, get good coaching and absolutely demolish, on field and off the field.