• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I quite like Jooste’s cameos last year, anyone know his movements? He’s not even listed on the squad info on the first page.

I thought he was good at fullback but notice he’s playing inside centre in the QPR, what’s his best?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I quite like Jooste’s cameos last year, anyone know his movements? He’s not even listed on the squad info on the first page.

I thought he was good at fullback but notice he’s playing inside centre in the QPR, what’s his best?
Re-signed for 2023:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Great news, anyone know how his work at 12 is going?
I haven't seen too much of him there vs at 15, but he's generally looked good for UQ. Wouldn't say he's the first choice 12 though, just filling in when TJ Siakasini is unavailable.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Nothing I have heard, shame cause its been good watching Edmed & Donaldson tear it up in the SS. Would have been nice to see Carter lead Wests to a title
No Carter Gordon for Wests this weekend, and maybe not for any of the finals. Martin Lippiatt on clubland has him with an ankle complaint.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ankle complaint? still playing 54 holes of golf a week
Specific quote was "I've heard that Carter Gordon is probably out at least this weekend and maybe the whole finals. He's got a bit of a dodgy ankle, I'm not sure of the specifics."

To me it sounded like the rebels might have him in cotton wool.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Specific quote was "I've heard that Carter Gordon is probably out at least this weekend and maybe the whole finals. He's got a bit of a dodgy ankle, I'm not sure of the specifics."

To me it sounded like the rebels might have him in cotton wool.

Yeah sounds like it, shame that we seem to be holding him back rather then let him flourish like DC has done with Donaldson/Edmed & now Goddard being back at Gordan

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah sounds like it, shame that we seem to be holding him back rather then let him flourish like DC has done with Donaldson/Edmed & now Goddard being back at Gordan
It's a funny one, he's set to be playing a lot of 10 next year with Hodge the only other legit option in the squad, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want him getting as much time playing knock out rugby right now. Particularly with a handful of rebels at wests to be playing with - including the backup 9.

If there is some injury they're worried about than the golf does seem like an odd choice. Might not be to great a risk of aggravating it compared to playing, but it's not exactly rest and recovery either

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
It's a funny one, he's set to be playing a lot of 10 next year with Hodge the only other legit option in the squad, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want him getting as much time playing knock out rugby right now. Particularly with a handful of rebels at wests to be playing with - including the backup 9.

If there is some injury they're worried about than the golf does seem like an odd choice. Might not be to great a risk of aggravating it compared to playing, but it's not exactly rest and recovery either

Yeah I personally think the rebs must be taking an ultra careful aproach when it comes to a few players, as i posted earlier Eloff/Sorovi/Ripley/Ili/Worth/Hardwidk haven't missed a game yet Wilkin/Orr have played about 15 min combind.

The Tahs/Reds/Brums seem to be getting blokes out there the Rebs seem to be worried about players getting injured