• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Rebels are probably happy that Mason is getting some time at 10.

Mason has bounced back from that bad performance down at Bond University last month where he started at fullback & Carter at 10.

Some pinpoint cross field kicking the last 2 weeks to setup teammates Navosalagi (vs Norths) & Dobbins (vs Souths) out on the wings - has earned himself 2 try assists on the last 2 trys of the week on the qldpremierrugby socials.

I reckon the Rebels would be sitting pretty comfortable with their flyhalf options.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so was Carter Gordon eligible for the finals? if he wasn't then seems pointless playing him in the last couple of lead up games, same for other Rebels alumni. That being said Carter was in team rehab at Rebels training this am, moving quite freely but doing run throughs and fitness. Ioane, the Canberra one not the Italian, was also doing rehab, has he played at all this year in the John Dent comp ?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Nah but I saw on socials that the Grange won both the boys & girls. I didnt realise it was an u/16's comp???
Yeah I was at the game when they announced it last year. I think they said the plan was to take it to an under 18 comp but the 3 new rugby schools joining fountain gate to make the comp weren’t ready yet for a under 18s comp. So hopefully these boys and girls will be the first group of under 18s.

Then hopefully as they look to add more schools they can add them in at the 16s level and let them progress to the 18s

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
rebs.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
With captain Wells off West and To'omua leaving with his rugby IQ as well, there's a hole for captain.

Philip, Hodge, Kellaway, Leota are the regular starters. Don't think many of them have captained recently. Philip would be a good nudge to try and get into Wallabies captain talk too.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
As long as James Tuttle (current incumbent) can beat out Moses Sorovi in next years preseason… I expect Bobby to be next captain of the Rebs