• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Philip is the obvious one, although selecting a captain can sometimes be about getting something extra from someone that’s struggled to make the leap. For that reason I also would be intrigued to see Uelese take the reins, especially if Philip is the type of person that will be a leader no matter what.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'd say Hodge

Have heard that Philip does not get along that well with the squad, his personality clashes with to many. I'd say he will be VC and in charge of line out calling still.

Hodge, while not playing in the preferred position for a captain, he does deserve it. Has been with the Rebels a long time now, and will be the first to hit 100 caps for the Rebels this season.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
On the public hol before gf day, I'm keen as for this one

rebels.jpg

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
What about Wilkins he always impresses me with his work rate and willingness to do the team thing. He never really seems to let us down and 7 is a pretty good spot to lead from.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What about Wilkins he always impresses me with his work rate and willingness to do the team thing. He never really seems to let us down and 7 is a pretty good spot to lead from.

The loose forwards will be interesting, Leota will prob now slide into 8, Hardwick now prob gets 7 & Wilkin 6. Dickie didnt have a good year last year he may have been inj. The club rates Kemeny but for me has to prove it. For me Canham gets 19 & Maiava 20.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The loose forwards will be interesting, Leota will prob now slide into 8, Hardwick now prob gets 7 & Wilkin 6. Dickie didnt have a good year last year he may have been inj. The club rates Kemeny but for me has to prove it. For me Canham gets 19 & Maiava 20.
Interesting selections coming up. Kemeny is a genuine 6 which is a good thing. At times Aus sides seem obsessed with getting the most visually talented guy on the field even if they are out of position. Then we wonder why the team doesn't work right. For me Wilkin is a 7 and a good one at that. I'd have Hardwick on the bench to come on and bring up the pace for the last 25 mins.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Interesting selections coming up. Kemeny is a genuine 6 which is a good thing. At times Aus sides seem obsessed with getting the most visually talented guy on the field even if they are out of position. Then we wonder why the team doesn't work right. For me Wilkin is a 7 and a good one at that. I'd have Hardwick on the bench to come on and bring up the pace for the last 25 mins.
I agree to a point. I like the fact that we have a couple of true 6s in Leota and Kemeny and a couple of 7s in Wilkin and Dickie. We are also quite strong in the 1 & 3 spot.
The rest of the pack looks thin.
At the moment the only confirmed Hooker is Uelese, I believe, and he doesn't have a history of resiliency.
I could be completely wrong in my understanding of who is officially signed but looking on the Rebels website we only have 31 senior players.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I agree to a point. I like the fact that we have a couple of true 6s in Leota and Kemeny and a couple of 7s in Wilkin and Dickie. We are also quite strong in the 1 & 3 spot.
The rest of the pack looks thin.
At the moment the only confirmed Hooker is Uelese, I believe, and he doesn't have a history of resiliency.
I could be completely wrong in my understanding of who is officially signed but looking on the Rebels website we only have 31 senior players.

We picked up Mafi from the reds & Rangi is back.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I quite like that, assuming then Leota at 8 or do you have him lock with Philip?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hosea, if fit. Canham is my next choice
Damn, completely forgot about Hosea. I thought he was good for gold before this injured season.

Philip, Hosea
Kemeny, Leota, Wilkin

Would be pretty decent. All with solid replacements.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I quite like that, assuming then Leota at 8 or do you have him lock with Philip?
Leota at 8 to start the season and see how it goes. Gives you some depth through the pack and the bench. You look at the way a guy like Riemer came on for the Brums and was able to lock up a game or change momentum, I think Hardwick could do similar.