• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Need 3 hookers so i think they will keep Maafu. Uelese is rumoured to be shopping around.
Looks like its Efi Ma'afu off to Rouen in France.

Source Le site officiel de Rouen

283803234_3183419911913495_946544955760324627_n.jpg

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Tuttle we thought early on in the season was headed to scrap heap but come on well and been good for rebels. Pity can’t say same for Powell who has fallen behind tuttle.
He was average in his first couple of games off the bench this season. I was calling for Sorovi to replace him. Since he has been starting his performance has improved significantly and is clearly well above Powell on performance.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
He tends to keep it simple which I like from a half-back (saying I like anything from a half-back makes me feel a little dirty).
His passing is quick and accurate, he doesn't really snipe that often and is fairly sparing with the pox kick, sorry box kick.
He doesn't hold the ball at the back for an age like Powell.
He gets to the breakdown, gets the ball out and gets it moving reasonably quick.
He will never be a world beater but I will take simple and solid everyday of the week.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Maybe back home to queensland. Swap with Mafi. Hopefully they do keep uelese or get Latu!!! ooooohhhh. Intriguing.
I hope we don't get Latu.
We struggle now with 15 on the park trying to play with 14 most of the time will be really difficult.
The man really has a two cent head.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Chibba Hanson, thanked everyone after the game & said he is moving on. Didn't say where so we might be keeping Jordy or getting Latu :rolleyes:

A mate saw a "thanks chibba" flash on the big screen yesterday, but it disappeared really quickly. Thought he may be on the move, or even hanging up the boots, given he's played 12 years of pro-Rugby.

A solid player too, with a bucket load of experince. Really liked his hustle.

Now, Mafi and Jordy will be a good combo. Mafi clearly the pick of the litter right now, but if Jordy can keep injury-free, he may get back into Wallaby contention.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Spotted this on another thread "From all accounts Rebels will be sending players to randwick this year Ross Haylett Petty, Cabous Eloff, George Worth" - Looks like Cabous is staying in Aus - Hopefully with us!
A few are at Wests still. They probably get a choice. Would like to see some try and pick up a deal in the NPC

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I think Jordy if he can stay fit and with a bit of work on his throwing could be the pick of the Aussie hookers. His scrum work and physicality is first rate. He is also built like the proverbial brick shithouse, which you have to like. Mafi I think is a great pick up and gives us a really strong front row if we can keep Cabous. I personally think Cabous should be starting ahead of Pone and let Pone come in later as the impact runner later in the game. Cabous is a more rounded player than Pone but there is something just explosive about the massive frame of Pone charging into the opposition defensive line. I think another problem that Pone has is his height, he is very tall for a front rower giving him a fairly high centre of gravity, he is 6'5" which is huge for a prop and while having long levers can be an advantage having a low centre of gravity is critical in the scrum. In my playing days I was quite tall for a prop at 6'2" and it made staying low in the scrum harder for me than my opposite usually, it must be really hard for Pone.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
A mate saw a "thanks chibba" flash on the big screen yesterday, but it disappeared really quickly. Thought he may be on the move, or even hanging up the boots, given he's played 12 years of pro-Rugby.

A solid player too, with a bucket load of experince. Really liked his hustle.

Now, Mafi and Jordy will be a good combo. Mafi clearly the pick of the litter right now, but if Jordy can keep injury-free, he may get back into Wallaby contention.
I really rated him around the park.. hopefully, he comes back from his neck surgery all good, probably not the best thing to have happen for a front-rower.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Not all confirmed,

Cabous said his staying on Sunday,
Chibba retiring
RHP moving on

Have also been told that pretty much all experienced front rowers are getting good offers from the UK, English clubs have realized there front row depth is not good enough to compete in the Premiership and Europe at the same time.