• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Do we know if Gordon failed his HIA or not? Can’t believe that dog shot was let go. If he is ruled out with concussion we are no hope of winning

is Jooste the backup flyhalf? That’s a huge step down if so.

id probably play Hodge at 10 for a week and use one of the multiple better options in the Centres if rebels are actually considering Jooste

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Alex Mafi was such a boss on Saturday. Amazing what a smoothly functioning lineout does for confidence.
Between Mafi straight throwing and better line out calling (Sorry Philip but that's one job you can't have back) Hosea is dominating our own throw.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hosea is very explosive off the ground, gets up real quick. I remember watching him closely at Leichardt a couple years ago against the NZ locks - he was pressuring their ball very nicely.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Rebels run home:
Brumbies (home)
Waratahs (away)
Highlanders (away)
Force (home)
Brumbies (away)

If we can beat Tahs, Highlanders and Force, which we are capable of, we will probably make the finals. If we don't win those matches we don't deserve to make finals.
With the Highlanders taking no points this weekend that game stands as the big one - with one point separating Rebels and Highlanders that game is going to be worth double. Win that and another game and it might just be enough, win another again (or pick up a good swag of bonus points) and that should be plenty.

A tahs loss this weekend would be pretty helpful too, if the pick up a win it really tightens the window the Rebels have to make the finals.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting that Foote said in post match press conference this week that Gordon has been carrying a hip injury and hasn’t been participating in aspects of training at the start of the week for a while now. Didn’t say it was a concern, just needs to be managed.

Last edited:

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I'll trust the experts but that sounds counter-intuitive doesn't it?

Too injured to train at 100% but also not a concern.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was complaining to my fiancée that we never improve after yesterday's loss, when she kindly pointed out to me that even though we lose I'm actually enjoying the games now compared to last year were it was truly miserable with 30-3 losses. So.. silver linings?

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I was complaining to my fiancée that we never improve after yesterday's loss, when she kindly pointed out to me that even though we lose I'm actually enjoying the games now compared to last year were it was truly miserable with 30-3 losses. So.. silver linings?
Mate it’s all about next year, we have taken a step forward this year that’s for sure. But we simply have to take the next step next year

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
It's nearly like watching the Damian Hill days, at least we are scoring points this year. Might not be pretty but it's entertaining, can only dream about the damage a winger like Koroibete or Sefa would do playing this style of rugby.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
It's nearly like watching the Damian Hill days, at least we are scoring points this year. Might not be pretty but it's entertaining, can only dream about the damage a winger like Koroibete or Sefa would do playing this style of rugby.
This is where a SRAU comp at the end of the season would be so valuable for players like Vaihu and Ripley. Because we will probably lose Ioane we need one of these guys to get a serious run around before next season, instead they are playing against Laborers, accountants and plumbers on the weekend.