• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Jets could not agree more with that line "the little things that coaches enforce in the training field".

From what I can see on games, this is Richard Graham's biggest failing. Tactical errors will at times lose you tight games, but this is why we are so off the pace. The two prime examples of this are the difference in the speed on the clean out from the Brumbies against us and ours, and the absolutely shithouse effort (or lack of fucking effort actually) on kick chases. These to may say the level of discipline to follow every plan and procedure has dropped at the Reds.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Jets could not agree more with that line "the little things that coaches enforce in the training field".

From what I can see on games, this is Richard Graham's biggest failing. Tactical errors will at times lose you tight games, but this is why we are so off the pace. The two prime examples of this are the difference in the speed on the clean out from the Brumbies against us and ours, and the absolutely shithouse effort (or lack of fucking effort actually) on kick chases. These to may say the level of discipline to follow every plan and procedure has dropped at the Reds.

This lack of kick chase on a continuous basis is in a word, 'unprofessional'.
That a coach can't remedy it, is also unprofessional.
If this is allowed to recur next year, then the season is over before it starts.
I know it is just one facit of the game, but it reflects everything else that is wrong with the Reds.
The players owe their supporters more.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I know the chase is a team effort (straight line and all that) but don't most teams have dedicated "chasers" to put the catcher under pressure. Normally the speed boys out wide. Ours do often seem to be missing.

I agree thats a coaching issue, but also a player and captaincy issue as well. If a "chaser" doesn't "chase" then Kevie should ream him a new one. Surely that failing would come into play at Mondays reviews

T

Train Without a Station

Perhaps. But when wingers who aren't chasing kickers repeatedly get picked it's a coaching issue as they are clearly saying it's acceptable for the standard to slide

T

tranquility

This hasn't really seemed to have stopped us from doing it with almost all our outside backs though. :p

Not true.

Most of these outside backs that we need to sign (RG quoted as six) are already on the books or in the system.

Kerevi, and Kurindrani upgraded. Sam Johnson will be signed.

Plus, Hunt and JOC (James O'Connor) that's five. I am assuming another youngster or club player will go into the EPS.

Gale will also be signed, probably to the EPS.

As far as forwards / EPS: I think Gunn will get an EPS, same too Greene, Paraka / Kite.

I hope they don't sign bloody Buchanan and I don't think they will.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Has he been going that well? From what i remember of his time at the Reds any of the backs we have lost with the exception of Placid should have been kept over him. I only left Placid out as he only has 10 minutes under his belt at this level.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not true.

Most of these outside backs that we need to sign (RG quoted as six) are already on the books or in the system.

Kerevi, and Kurindrani upgraded. Sam Johnson will be signed.

Plus, Hunt and JOC (James O'Connor) that's five. I am assuming another youngster or club player will go into the EPS.

Gale will also be signed, probably to the EPS.

As far as forwards / EPS: I think Gunn will get an EPS, same too Greene, Paraka / Kite.

I hope they don't sign bloody Buchanan and I don't think they will.

Better think again. No EPS in 2015.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
may be no EPS, the squad size has extended to 32 and we can still have our Reds academy.
Greene or that Mckintyre kid who played Aus un/20 flyhalf?

This is what I find interesting. Everyone in Brisbane raves about Greene as he has gone well for Wests last year and Brothers this year. McIntyre has been selected over Greene repetitively for higher honors so it will be interesting who the Reds are interested in.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
may be no EPS, the squad size has extended to 32 and we can still have our Reds academy.
Greene or that Mckintyre kid who played Aus un/20 flyhalf?

I've never seen McIntyre play...or if I have he didn't stand out enough to be noticed.

Greene is a talent, and he has been pretty awesome for Brothers this year.

Plus I think Brothers needs at least ONE Reds player, unless we'll continue to hear about how there is an anti-brothers bias at the Reds!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
McIntyre was very good for Aut 20's and has pushed Mitch Third out of the Sunnybank Premier team. Mitch has been fantastic this season.

Also if Greene was picked up what would Filth have to complain about?

T

tranquility

McIntyre looks like a very tidy player. But he is quite an intricate ball-player, that is not a long-passer of the ball and has a pop-gun of a kick. Will be very interesting who we take and how they develop as they are both very different players.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Now, it shits me when Kev Horwill is brought down. In my opinion he has been the best forward by far. If he had fourteen fellow players with similar belief, passion and hatred, the Reds would have won more games. Even though he is not a John Eales, Nobody is :p, he still sends a rocket up any player who is being lazy or does a stupid quick tap.

I think he has lost the fire that made him a huge talent prior to getting the captaincy.
I think all of our player have and also now question the teamwork of the team.

Against the Force when MMM dropped a knee into Lucas where were all the players coming to help, where was the square up? Who is going to stand up for small playmakers being attacked by a guy 30kg bigger?

MMM should have suffered!!!

Our forwards used to be tough and stand up for the team.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Nowdays in the professional era with a dozen cameras around the field, retaliation is dealt with severly by SANZAR. Problem with SANZAR is and always will be, consistency.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They didn't need to retaliate in the true sense of the word but they should've been there the second Lucas was kneed. Preferably dragging the big douche off Lucas and shove him to the ground. You know the usual shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.