• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Quirk is taller ? :eek:

Quirk is a big unit but doesn't come across like that on tv for some reason. Bigger than Schatz though. Where they are different is that Quirk in years past has played well above his size and Schatz probably plays to or just under his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

I know people will say, he is not the right player. But we should sign Tom Cusack. He is an phenomenal young player who has been struck down by injuries. He has just got one of the 12 Olympic spots, which is pretty incredible when you consider that it is a new coach, and he hasn't played a game since August last year (ACL).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
More injury prone players? Maybe not the best choice to take a risk on, considering the current injury toll.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Rumours Jim Carmichael might be on the move.

Where would he go? Back to AFL or to another sport?

He has done a tremendous job with the QRU as a organisation. They were in dire straights when he came on board and are now in a much stronger financial position. He changed the way they looked at membership and also how the market themselves in the community.

T

Train Without a Station

Wonder if this is related to the support for Richard Graham (i.e. He's trotting out the company line but doesn't agree with it). Drawing a long bow here but just wildly speculating.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd say it's more a case of getting out on top and moving on to bigger and better things. It will be interesting if he does go if Daniel Herbert takes over as CEO. He seems to the the heir apparent in the QRU.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
May have been mentioned earlier or not at all but has the QRU put any concrete date on when they're going to address the public about changes, new/re-signings etc? I'd imagine it'd be after the S15 GF to avoid any unnecessary drama for players who may be coming from teams still involved (not that I can think of any though who would be)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
traditionally the full squad (or close enough to) has been announced at their end of year dinner, which is on 29 August this year.

It was suggested in the media that it would not be until here that all announcements are made.

Although I have heard recently it may be within weeks.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
They would be crazy not to hire someone from outside the QLD rugby circles.

They need a CEO with no connections to anyone willing to come in and tear things down if need be.

T

Train Without a Station

They'd be crazy to hire someone based on their origin, rather than just because they are the best available candidate.

If they had two equal candidates, I could understand them leaning towards the local or internal candidate.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Wow - things sound like they are hotting up at Ballymore !

I understand that Player Reviews have commenced. Surely some questions posed would be:

How do you think you performed this year?
In your opinion what went wrong this year?
What do you think we can do to improve in 2015?

Some hard answers if answered truthfully but players will play the political game blah blah

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would love John "Knuckles" Connolly to come back and coach the Reds. Even if it was only for a year to get things back on track. He is a bloke (like Alec Evans) who knows Queensland Rugby. He coached Qld from 1989-2000, and were Super Champions 1992, 1994, 1995. He was Super Rugby coach of the year 1998 and 1999.

As I said above, it would only be for a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.