• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If Samu goes as well the Reds are left with a Perry good pack (unless a couple more go which is very possible) and A poor young and inexperienced backlinks.
Add that to an inexperienced coach and basic March says we are in for a number of shit rebuilding years (again)

Reactions: dru

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Daugunu is a pretty good player despite struggling positionally in defence on the wing. He's actually not too bad a tackler, he'd probably find it easier at fullback defensively where the decision making is not as complicated.

If there's no Kerevi then I think he has to be in the team for his attacking spark, he's probably got the best step in Australian Super Rugby and looked like making half a break every time he got his hands on the ball for the Super team.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If Samu goes as well the Reds are left with a Perry good pack (unless a couple more go which is very possible) and A poor young and inexperienced backlinks.
Add that to an inexperienced coach and basic March says we are in for a number of shit rebuilding years (again)

Yes the current prognosis under Thorn in combination with the current HQ is a startling series of steps backwards at a time that a greater quality of poor performance didn't seem possible.

It is.

Now where the heck might you find a couple of backs that might shore up our experience level?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
There was speculation thatTui might head back when his contract was up. I don't know if there was any more than that.

B

Bobby Sands

Yes the current prognosis under Thorn in combination with the current HQ is a startling series of steps backwards at a time that a greater quality of poor performance didn't seem possible.

It is.

Now where the heck might you find a couple of backs that might shore up our experience level?

Matt Gordon is the sledgehammer QLD deserves.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like busy days.

Have zero confidence in Rhien and Miller sorting it out with inexperience and lack of proven ability from both.
Some long shitty years ahead

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sounds like busy days.

Have zero confidence in Rhien and Miller sorting it out with inexperience and lack of proven ability from both.
Some long shitty years ahead

I dont know much about Miller and Rhien, but I this is looking a real possibility.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So Tui wants to leave the reds because he is homesick.

Amazing how all the Brad Thorn haters are spinning it being a issue to do with culture.

Don’t see the reds letting him go unless the Waratahs pay some kind of transfer fee. I expect Tui to be a Red in 2019

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
As a counter point, a great club culture doesn’t foster feelings of homesickness. Clubs regularly use terms like brothers and family to describe the bond and mateship present. When this many “top” players are leaving after the HC’s first year in charge culture would definitely be an issue

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So Tui wants to leave the reds because he is homesick.

Amazing how all the Brad Thorn haters are spinning it being a issue to do with culture.

Don’t see the reds letting him go unless the Waratahs pay some kind of transfer fee. I expect Tui to be a Red in 2019
Has he said that his homesick I was just guessing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I alluded some time ago about Uti but didn't name him out of respect and confidentiality.

It has nothing to do with being homesick just sick and tired of some people at the Reds.
Others still in the wings...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Is this some sort of code that I'm not getting or a couple too many Bundy's combined with autocorrect?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Doubt if the Tahs want to have a dog in the Tui imbroglio, they have more than enough back-rowers ATM. Second-rowers, different scenario.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scrubber. Slow down and proof read your posts. It’s getting increasingly difficult to understand them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doubt if the Tahs want to have a dog in the Tui imbroglio, they have more than enough back-rowers ATM. Second-rowers, different scenario.

Tui would absolutely solve our lock issues. He's the abrasive ball running bruiser we need.

I think he will continue to be used at 6 in test rugby but works very well as a lock at Super Rugby level (and is probably better suited there for the fast paced game the Tahs want to play).