• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not happening

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181128-062800.png
    Screenshot_20181128-062800.png
    861.1 KB · Views: 260

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have you got mail on this one Reg

no. It was rumoured that Cheika was trying to negotiate a release of Sefa and for him to move to Brisbane but I don't believe Melbourne nor Sefa was keen.

Chek must have known about Perese back then I gather.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Didn't they get Matt McGahan to cover 10 & 15 spot? I cant see him been very happy sitting on the bench behind a slowly improving Stewart.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Is it confirmed Gill coming home yet? I see there is a TBA in the backrow.

Does the inclusion of the Khunt in the 2019 squad list mean that Saint Brad has brought him back from the wilderness?

I am extremely excited for next season, I expect big things from Scott-Young, Petaia and I hope Tate McD has a blinder of a season. I want him on the plane to Japan.

Lack of 5/8 and depth @ hooker a worry. What the hell happened to Andrew Ready?

No up and coming young gun 5/8 from schoolboys/1st grade?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shaun Johnson from the warriors (NRL) wants out.. fullback option?

No.

I'd love NZR to throw lots of money & the prospect of a Comm if not Olympic 7's medal at him but I just don't see where he'd fit into a XV's side: similar size to ASmith & DMac so at best a 9, small 10, or 9/10 bench cover & I'd suggest he'd need at least a season to make the transition as Bloos discovered when they decided signing Benji Marshall was a good idea.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
No.

I'd love NZR to throw lots of money & the prospect of a Comm if not Olympic 7's medal at him but I just don't see where he'd fit into a XV's side: similar size to ASmith & DMac so at best a 9, small 10, or 9/10 bench cover & I'd suggest he'd need at least a season to make the transition as Bloos discovered when they decided signing Benji Marshall was a good idea.

Johnson is around 10kgs and 5-10cm bigger than both Smith and DMac

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is it confirmed Gill coming home yet? I see there is a TBA in the backrow.

Does the inclusion of the Khunt in the 2019 squad list mean that Saint Brad has brought him back from the wilderness?

I am extremely excited for next season, I expect big things from Scott-Young, Petaia and I hope Tate McD has a blinder of a season. I want him on the plane to Japan.

Lack of 5/8 and depth @ hooker a worry. What the hell happened to Andrew Ready?

No up and coming young gun 5/8 from schoolboys/1st grade?

Rumored to be lazy and was on Brad's "not in our new direction" list. Played the 2018 season at Easts - I have seen somewhere here on G&GR that he has a lifeline at Force next season.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

Looks a solid enough highlights reel - and happy for them to be resourceful to fill any gaps in the roster - but surely 13 is the position we have best covered? Even if he also covers wing, I'm not sure he is on the shopping list.