• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Down at Ballymore and was pleased to see Vunivalu down there training. In team rehab but looking fit and moving ok
Great news, he curiously vanished from social media. Was a little worried, hopefully just getting rid of distractions and focussing on his footy

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Down at Ballymore and was pleased to see Vunivalu down there training. In team rehab but looking fit and moving ok
That's a positive. Note that a couple of publications saying he is looking at cutting short his rugby career and returning to the NRL for 2022.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's a positive. Note that a couple of publications saying he is looking at cutting short his rugby career and returning to the NRL for 2022.

i saw that reported a day or so ago. Note the jounrno, a leaguie, suggested he ‘struggled for consistency and form’ this season …..

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
i saw that reported a day or so ago. Note the jounrno, a leaguie, suggested he ‘struggled for consistency and form’ this season …..

I still think he’s a flight risk for 2023 and going to the Dolphins. A lot probably depends on his early Super Rugby form, if he plays to his ability and looks to be a likely Wallaby, he should stick around for the RWC. Any more significant time out of the game though and you’d have to imagine RA won’t be throwing him a top up.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
True - but I think the general point here is that it is one of the favourite lines of the average league journo to announce a player is sick of Union and wants to try league. I take stories on Vunivalu going back with a grain of salt.

They remind me a bit of the quote on economists - they’ve successfully predicted 20 of the last 2 recessions.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

nah it was suggested he is looking at returning to NRL in 2023, not 2022, he was only signed for 2 years (21-22) so it’s fair rumours for 2023 are around. His manager would certainly be shopping him about.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
nah it was suggested he is looking at returning to NRL in 2023, not 2022, he was only signed for 2 years (21-22) so it’s fair rumours for 2023 are around. His manager would certainly be shopping him about.
As others have pointed out, wingers are more prized in real rugby than in the other code. If he plays to his potential, has a good injury free year, he will stay in rugby, simply because he can make more moolah.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just saw some footage of Suli working with the Rugby Bricks team on his passing while he was in Melbourne recently. A sure sign he’s committed to rugby as surely there’s no need for a league winger to pass?

Haha - arguably a useless skill for a winger in both codes! Maybe he's looking to move more in-field...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the new draw is in and obviously we play all the Aussie teams early and finish with the kiwi teams.

That will make it tough for a run home because wheras we finished originally with Tahs (A), Blues (A) and Drua (H) we are now Blues (A), Moana (H) and Crusaders (A).

That's one of the other changes in that previously we were playing the Crusaders in Melbourne and now have to travel to Christchurch. But I guess the reality is previously we had to travel to Wellington to take on the Canes, but now we play them in Melbourne. Our record v the Crusaders away is only slightly more shit than our record v the Canes away.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That will make it tough for a run home because wheras we finished originally with Tahs (A), Blues (A) and Drua (H) we are now Blues (A), Moana (H) and Crusaders (A).

That's one of the other changes in that previously we were playing the Crusaders in Melbourne and now have to travel to Christchurch.
I'm certain I heard an audible 'fuck' come from Ballymore this morning when the new draw was released.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds new halfback?
F987A542-5EB0-4639-84CC-7CA52D7106A8.jpeg