• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force pre-season trial. 5 Feb.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Oates doing well. Really impressed with current crop of young outside backs coming out of QPR

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Few of the starters back on - Paisami, Asiata, Aubrey, maybe others.

Edit: might be Blake not Asiata

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Some general thoughts about the Reds after that:

-Need to see more of both but Nasser ahead of Asiata on today's evidence.
-Spencer Jeans was excellent. Good touches, very involved and looking like he belongs at this level. Expect we might see plenty of him this year which will free Kalani up to do u20s
-Lynagh was good. Didn't have too much pressure on him but made the right decisions and didn't do much wrong either. Kicking in play was fantastic. Expect we will see him for real games this year.
-Daugunu probably over played his hand a bit but great to see him so keen and looking hard to handle.
-Wilson and McReight both look like the have a point to prove, McReight in particular.
-Uru picked up where he left off, mobile and threating with silky hands.
-Great to see both Vest and Oates out there in red, they both look like they're not going to let their chances go begging.
-Annan keen but probably a year or so off. Same for Tauakipulu and Aubrey.
-Set piece was a bit all over the place so it's hard to get a feel, but I did think our maul defence was looking pretty good by the end of the game.
-Periods of really good link play, particularly in the 2nd half. Makes me excited to see how we go with the 1st choice side out there in proper game.

It's early days but I'm pretty impressed with our overall depth after that. Bloody happy to have Reds games to watch again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I was at the game so keen to see the replay to get a better feel of it. Anyone seen a replay anywhere ?

Reactions: TSR

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
I think that was the Force's one and only trial game-the starting XV gave a pretty good indication of the make up for the first comp game