• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
what i love about link and the way the players are executing the game plan, is that they will play to a plan dependant upon the way the opposition is playing. if there were any opportunities against the stormers, i'm sure the reds would have opened it up, but the stormers were not having it. credit to the stormers, particularly their centres - i thought de jong and fourie had fairly decent games (even after samo smashed de jong in the first minute). fortunately we won the kicking game.

i'm sure link has a pretty good idea of how he wants to play it but i think the game plan for the bulls game will probably be decided in the first 5 minutes. for the bulls sake, i hope they can hold onto the ball this weekend or they'll really be taken apart.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
it's coming. Vengeance for 2007. On that day, the Reds were abolished, professionally embarrassed, made their fans feel embarrassed to follow them. This time, it's our turn. I want to see us fucking romp the bulls!

The Reds have already had revenge for that game twice already. That's in the past. This game is about heading towards the final.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
On the centres note - I would really like to see Chambers back at 13 as I think he ultimately brings balance to the backline and given that he played a superb game last year against the Bulls. I still like the idea of Harris as the super sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qtsq9ZxE0

Check that out - quite a few highlights of Chambers and the rest of the Reds there.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Not necessarily. But you being a troll is a fact.

Anyway, we'll keep this thread on topic shall we. For my part, the Bulls could pull it together for this game, but I don't know if their best is quite good enough any more. Their team is still full of some outstanding individuals, but I feel they'll be too behind the pace to have a decent crack. That's what I'm hoping anyway - they're a champion team and are capable of anything!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
it's coming. Vengeance for 2007. On that day, the Reds were abolished, professionally embarrassed, made their fans feel embarrassed to follow them. This time, it's our turn. I want to see us fucking romp the bulls!

Since then I'm pretty sure we have beaten them twice.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You only have 2 more weeks to troll threads with this one. Better start making them count with some wittier efforts.

Not to get too involved with you two having a spat, but as Tah fans we endured a very long time being reminded often about how we failed to beat the Reds time and again, so I know how irritating it is to hear! But these things go in cycles, so I'm sure you'll have opportunity soon enough to remind him and us of that!! And I'm sure there'll be plenty of voices to do so. It is NSW / QLD after all.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Class teams bounce back and they bite hard. This game is very much a banana skin game for the Reds. This game is more about the Reds getting their selections and tactics right. We need to keep the Bulls down because if we give them a sniff, we may be in for a world of hurt.

To be honest I would not want to be in the Bulls coaching staff at the moment. They must be really wondering what the Reds are going to throw at them after how we won last week. We all know what the Reds backs are capable of but the key for us must be to back that forward performance up with another.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am worried about this one. The Bulls have lost the last 2 times they have played in Brisbane and after their loss to the Cru they will be keen to get one over the Reds. I am sure Link will have all the players focused but sometimes that is hard to do. Especially with the Tah's the following week. We need to be the "one week at a time" team. If they can do that they can win every game. If they look ahead they will be knocked over by someone as the comp is quite close.
Reds in a close one is my thinking at the moment.
In regards to the 2007 game there are only a few players left from that game. A lot of this team was at school or playing Colts rugby so they have nothing to prove in that regard.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Reds ought to be worried, but they can win this. The Bulls aren't the team they once were and the result at the weekend against the Cru was coming. The manner in which it came and the margin totally surprised me, but not the result. They've looked a little off the pace in 2011.

With that said, it will require all the same application and focus they demonstrated against the Stormers.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The Bulls could easily have lost by more to the Saders, who didn't even play their best and were without their top two players!

I expect a few changes to the Reds forward pack just to keep them fresh.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
In regards to the 2007 game there are only a few players left from that game. A lot of this team was at school or playing Colts rugby so they have nothing to prove in that regard.

Made me wanna check the team line-up, and here it is:

15 Clinton Schifcofske
14 Andrew Walker
13 Ben Tune
12 Quade Cooper
11 Brando Va'aulu
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Nic Berry
8 Tom McVerry
7 David Croft (captain)
6 Mitchell Chapman
5 James Horwill
4 Ed O'Donoghue
3 David Te Moana
2 Stephen Moore
1 Tama Tuirirangi

Reserves:
16 Sean Hardman
17 Herman Hunt
18 Cam Treloar
19 Geoff Abram,
20Will Genia/AJ Gilbert
21 Andrew Brown
22 Peter Hynes

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Made me wanna check the team line-up, and here it is:

15 Clinton Schifcofske
14 Andrew Walker
13 Ben Tune
12 Quade Cooper
11 Brando Va'aulu
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Nic Berry
8 Tom McVerry
7 David Croft (captain)
6 Mitchell Chapman
5 James Horwill
4 Ed O'Donoghue
3 David Te Moana
2 Stephen Moore
1 Tama Tuirirangi

Reserves:
16 Sean Hardman
17 Herman Hunt
18 Cam Treloar
19 Geoff Abram,
20Will Genia/AJ Gilbert
21 Andrew Brown
22 Peter Hynes

4 guys in the squad are still around. How things have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.