• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 18 - Reds Vs Rebels - Jul 6, 7.45PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man I feel sorry for the ref. Real poor game. So bad. And the reds have like 6 ppl there. Run the ball. You can't lose. Entertain the 6 ppl

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Weak as water. Should change our name to the Melbourne Butchers. Didn't take advantage of a million opportunities. Still making basic errors. Blowing try scoring opportunities, kicking dead instead of finding touch, knock ons, rubbish scrums. Not scoring with an extra man... aargh.

No offence Reds fans but if we can't beat Reds we don't deserve to make finals.

I was shattered last week, think I am more shattered tonight.

Vent / rant over.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Weak as water. Should change our name to the Melbourne Butchers. Didn't take advantage of a million opportunities. Still making basic errors. Blowing try scoring opportunities, kicking dead instead of finding touch, knock ons, rubbish scrums. Not scoring with an extra man. aargh.

No offence Reds fans but if we can't beat Reds we don't deserve to make finals.

I was shattered last week, think I am more shattered tonight.

Vent / rant over.
Pfffft. Finals are over-rated anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, finishing 7th or 8th does not deserve finals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rugbyhigh

Frank Row (1)
Sorry but the REBELES are coached by a bunch of MUPETES. They don’t use the bench effectively
Haylett-Petty comes off & they put winger on & leave a ball player on the bench that could have add
more attack options.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Watching the Rebels on a regular basis you get used to watching some seriously DUMB rugby but that display was off the scale.

Taking shots at goal from 40 odd out 5 or 10 in from touch, turning down shots from 20-30 out straight in front, their lack of game awareness in relation to momentum is staggering, throwing cut out passes to wingers when you have 2 and 3 sometimes 4 man overlaps, their exit strategy and execution, having a prop copping a bath, getting warned and leaving him on until he inevitably gets sinned binned....I could go on and if this shit was just a one off there might be some hope but it happens every week. Fark me, how I still have a functioning television is incredible.

Any suggestion that Wessels is a Wallaby coach is waiting is seriously delusional and if he gets anywhere near the job in the next few years we are in serious shit. You can blame the players out there but that stuff is coachable and the buck stops with the head coach and he has A LOT to learn. You can talk about playing "brave" rugby all you like and that may be admirable but if you can't coach your players to play with some sort of rugby smarts, you have no future in the game.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I like Wessels and think he has a bright future but he lost this at the selection table. Some strange decisions also made in substitutions or non substitutions. We had Al Baxter and Ben Alexander out there tonight and I think everyone could see it. Especially against the Reds who were only going to kill us in one area, so wouldn’t you nullify that one area? Fair dues to the reds tho, they did what they had to.

Going forward I wouldn’t mind seeing Tuipulotu at 13 and RHP or Hardwick at 6

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What a debacle from the Rebels. The Reds gave away so many stupid penalties and couldn't defend yet the Rebels couldn't put them away.

Good gutsy win by the Reds.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.