• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

No arms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's the officiating...

2 mins earlier the ball player ducked into contact and they were penalised because they tackled him high, so.. naturally the next time a ball carrier ducks into contact the tackler goes even lower, you go lower then hip high and it's always going to be a tackle like that

How do you tackle a player 1v1 if they ball carrier is lowering their centre of gravity and ducking before contact?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
These officials. The last high ball before the try the Force 6 had stood 2m from where the ball landed from when the ball was kicked.

edit: the Force 6 was the one who got the loose ball, of course.

How pro refs miss this stuff is a killer.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This refs a joke.. Force player was clearly off his feet at the rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He has only reffed one side in the second half.

Reds have still been their own worse enemies.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
It's the officiating.

2 mins earlier the ball player ducked into contact and they were penalised because they tackled him high, so.. naturally the next time a ball carrier ducks into contact the tackler goes even lower, you go lower then hip high and it's always going to be a tackle like that

How do you tackle a player 1v1 if they ball carrier is lowering their centre of gravity and ducking before contact?
With your arms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Having said that, TPN has made a career out of doing that exactly.

Indeed. As I said earlier, and they cracked down on it a couple of years back. I seem to recall the flying leg chop with arms was even deemed not on due to the higher risk of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.