• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland vs Australia - Murrayfield, 8 Nov 1:15AM AEDT

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Shame that Ala'alatoa's card and Tupou's head knock in succession meant we couldn't really take advantage of our bench. Hope that Tupou isn't too badly shaken and can somehow play next week.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Scotland are a good side and we were missing our best players. Throw in home advantage + Poite and it's an entirely expected result.

How'd Skelton, Arnold, Beale and Perese fair? Guess i will check it out at some stage.

Perese had a fabulous first cap. Beale was solid, should be retained on the bench. I don't think either Arnold or Skelton made a big difference (other than maul D) but will be better for the run within WB systems and you wouldn't dream of changing them against England. Still not impressed with our line out, though again it was (mostly) workable.

Edit: Derp what you will be missing here is the debacle in the front row. AAA got carded (YC) and Tupou then took a head knock. We ended up with the scrums Slipper at THP and Bell at LH. We scored off that first "reversed" scrum but it was downhill from there. AAA took an ankle injury basically the props never really settled.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
We took a backward step against Japan and it feels like we have done the same this weekend.
I'm not surprised by this,

Against Japan we removed our key attacking player,

Against Scotland we were without him and also our form flyhalf.

Yes Australia have looked good with their full assortment of players. But recent games have highlighted the lack of proper depth in a few positions.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Zander Fagerson having a lil' feel of Hooper's face. proper hometown tv directing. Fagerson is a bit of a hot headed lad.
1636323873864.png

This was in the incident when Ala'alatoa got carded, Hooper's try overturned. So, ya know, decisive moment.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Zander Fagerson having a lil' feel of Hooper's face. proper hometown tv directing. Fagerson is a bit of a hot headed lad.View attachment 12747
This was in the incident when Ala'alatoa got carded, Hooper's try overturned. So, ya know, decisive moment.
Here's the Wallabies twitter account discussing it. Surprised they'd highlight it, sour grapes from an anonymous poster online is one thing but the Wallabies?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Another one of those classic wallabies games where they are their own worst enemy. I thought we were the better side for about 60 minutes but it all fell apart in the final 20. The home town refereeing on this tour is going to be hard to overcome. TBH we probably win that game if Tupou doesn't go off injured. The wallabies at real risk of losing 3 on the trot if they are going to play like that.

In terms of the new talent, I really like what we saw from Perese. Arnold too. I didn't see enough from Skelton to warrant his selection ahead of the likes of Swain or Philip

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Went off I think just before HT, with a muscle injury I think. The bloke looked miserable.

As an aside, I thought it was Wright’s best game of the year.
What you say about Wright is perhaps true which is a shame. Cause I thought he was average. He just doesn’t look test quality. Capable yes but just falls short too often. Lacks urgency and that penalty - bloody hell. So frustrating

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
What you say about Wright is perhaps true which is a shame. Cause I thought he was average. He just doesn’t look test quality. Capable yes but just falls short too often. Lacks urgency and that penalty - bloody hell. So frustrating
Interesting the way everyone sees the game, I thought Perese and Wright were easily our most productive backline players. Stupid penalty by Wright no doubt and a poor decision by Perese in contact late in the game for the turnover. Other than that both were very good. Interesting that Rugby Pass in their player ratings had Wright as our highest rated player with an 8 for the game.