• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Olympic qualifying watch:

France (hosts but would qualify anyway); Australia, Fiji, Samoa, Argentina.

Relegation watch:

15th core team (automatic relegation): Kenya.

12th - 14th (playoff with Challenger Series winner for core nation status): Spain, Uruguay, Japan.

HM for Team GB in 11th but only by PD.

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Another group of death for the ab7's in Dubai

mens.jpg

girls.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"...in the men’s Series the number of teams for the 2024 Series will reduce from 16 to 12 to equal the number of women’s teams and align with the Olympic competition structure, meaning fans can expect an intense battle to avoid relegation in the 2023 Series with every match and every point counting towards their final Series ranking."

You'll need to scroll past the Points Table which I understand may be a touch difficult right now...

Last edited:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Winning HK is great in so many ways, not the least being its iconic status. I was lucky enough to go in person several years ago and it's just a fantastic event.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do you have a link for this new playoff mechanism, WOB? I tried but couldn't find one.

Another example of something WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) really should have publicised the shit out of rather than burying it under the Points table: I went back through the Media Releases tab on the main WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) site & it wasn't mentioned. Their fan communication really is rubbish at times.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
^ Another example of something WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) really should have publicised the shit out of rather than burying it under the Points table: I went back through the Media Releases tab on the main WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) site & it wasn't mentioned. Their fan communication really is rubbish at times.

I cant even get a highlights package anywhere of the rwc qual tourn anywhere

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Winning HK is great in so many ways, not the least being its iconic status. I was lucky enough to go in person several years ago and it's just a fantastic event.
I moved to HKG for work in 1976, the Sevens was on the weekend after I arrived. Totally different in those days, of course, it was held at the old Football Club Stadium, which held about 3000. Saturday was open house, Sunday was a couple of bucks to get in. New Zealand was represented by the province that won the national sevens. Lots of fun.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It just goes to show how the doldrums in a sport don't have to be permanent. The mens 7's was a basket case only a short while aho and now look at them.

This combined with the success of the Aus A programme makes me optimistic about the game here more generally.