• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah but he has ball skills!
Sam V has got little to recommend!

Edit: obviously Blake is determined not to be over powered in any position across the park.

T

turnovertwopasses

Have Manly lost a game in recent memory that wasn't down to poor refereeing, intercepts or the bounce of the ball? Ffs

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Have Manly lost a game in recent memory that wasn't down to poor refereeing, intercepts or the bounce of the ball? Ffs

You lose because yo don't win.

The only complaints I've made about refs this year is in reference to them impacting both sides - it is a difficult job - and even players get constructive criticism.

Bounce of the ball - yep we can all have one of those days.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
image.jpg

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
I may have read this wrong, but they may not need to apply for dispensation if they have been on representative duties and registered for the club for the past two years. I think all mentioned above would satisfy this requirement.

I dont think the Wallaby squad members will be able to play. Seems illogical to risk injury the week before a test match when a player has already been struck with injury at training.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I dont think the Wallaby squad members will be able to play. Seems illogical to risk injury the week before a test match when a player has already been struck with injury at training.

The ones who are vying for selection sure, but letting Betham and Latu come back to play off the bench makes sense. Neither of them are in the running to play the first test.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great weekend of finals coming up, what are your tips?

1st Grade
Manly v Eastwood Manly SAT 3:00pm
Sydney Univ Souths Uni SUN 3:00pm
2nd Grade
Eastwood v Syd Uni Manly SAT 1:15pm
Manly v Gordon Uni SUN 1:15pm
3rd Grade
Warringah v Eastwood Manly SAT 11:40am
Sydney Univ Manly Uni SUN11:40am
4th Grade
Eastwood v Manly Manly SAT 10:15am
Sydney Univ Warringah Uni SUN 10:15am

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
Great weekend of finals coming up, what are your tips?

1st Grade
Manly v Eastwood Manly SAT 3:00pm
Sydney Univ Souths Uni SUN 3:00pm
2nd Grade
Eastwood v Syd Uni Manly SAT 1:15pm
Manly v Gordon Uni SUN 1:15pm
3rd Grade
Warringah v Eastwood Manly SAT 11:40am
Sydney Univ Manly Uni SUN11:40am
4th Grade
Eastwood v Manly Manly SAT 10:15am
Sydney Univ Warringah Uni SUN 10:15am

Eastwood seemingly very strong in all grades - Weren't they minor premiers in 4th grade (as well as second)?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Eastwood seemingly very strong in all grades - Weren't they minor premiers in 4th grade (as well as second)?

Minor Premiership doesn't count for much in semi finals, clubs stack lower grades and teams get boosted by players shifting up and down grades.

1st Grade GF
Manly vs Uni

2nd Grade GF
Manly vs Uni

3rd Grade GF
Eastwood vs Uni

4th Grade GF
Eastwood vs Uni

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Eastwood,manly and Uni are still alive in every grade.
The Rats are alive in 3's & 4's,but both their 1'& 2's were knocked out last week,so no stacking there.
That leaves only Gordon in 2's that could possibly have stacked their team.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gordon are very strong in 2's, as shown in the defeat of Uni last week. They have had his team for most of the season, so I think a decision was made early to target this grade. They will certainly give Manly a tough game on Sunday and the outcome is not a given. In saying that I think Manly will win - their forward pack is playing well and the majority have been together most of the year. Their back line this week is outstanding with Daruda, Treweek, Greer, Hooper and Hartman the main attacking points.

In the other game Eastwood will overcome Uni.

My predictions for GF's are

1st Grade - Manly v Eastwood ( Manly for the win)
2nd Grade - Manly v Eastwood (Manly the win)
3rd Grade - Sydney Uni v Eastwood (Uni the win)
4th Grade - Sydney Uni v Eastwood (Uni the win)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Gordon are very strong in 2's, as shown in the defeat of Uni last week. They have had his team for most of the season, so I think a decision was made early to target this grade. They will certainly give Manly a tough game on Sunday and the outcome is not a given. In saying that I think Manly will win - their forward pack is playing well and the majority have been together most of the year. Their back line this week is outstanding with Daruda, Treweek, Greer, Hooper and Hartman the main attacking points.

In the other game Eastwood will overcome Uni.

My predictions for GF's are

1st Grade - Manly v Eastwood ( Manly for the win)
2nd Grade - Manly v Eastwood (Manly the win)
3rd Grade - Sydney Uni v Eastwood (Uni the win)
4th Grade - Sydney Uni v Eastwood (Uni the win)

I'm interested in 3rd colts on Sunday with a number of colts stepping up

senior

Peter Burge (5)
Eastwood,manly and Uni are still alive in every grade.
The Rats are alive in 3's & 4's,but both their 1'& 2's were knocked out last week,so no stacking there.
That leaves only Gordon in 2's that could possibly have stacked their team.

No chance. Although a number of 2s players have had time in 1s throughout the year, Gordon 2s side have had a fairly unchanged side. Gordon 1s had a very strong finish to the season (big wins over Norths & Easts, close losses to Uni and Randwick and a draw with Souths) so no chance of stacking 2s here. Last week's win V Uni was great but scrappy, both Gordon 2s & Uni 2s will have to play far better to have wins this week - how about the 1st grade experience in Manly 2s..... Up the Highlanders.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sorry, didn't mean to infer Gordon have stacked their team.
I was attempting to demonstrate that stacking is not an issue this year.
Gordon 2's have been strong all year

Status
Not open for further replies.