• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll admit more or less complete ignorance of the week to week performances of the SS teams, but if that sort of scoreline is been occurring semi-regularly over the past 3 or so years removing Penrith from the competition would have to be considered a legitimate and potentially appropriate option.

B

BellyTwoBlues

When they replaced the front row,the scrum still got bitched,and they continued to be dominated around the park.
Are you suggesting that the third grade front row is the Marlins best?
Absolutely agree about Gower,take him and Lucas out and the Marlins are only mediocre.

Well if the Marlins are mediocre, we must completely suck. They gave us a lesson on Round 1.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Ironing? Never done it. What is your point? Uni are guilty as well as the rest. it has to stop or Rugby will truly be the home of the GPS and other runner ups.

Well, mate, quite a bit of the answer lies very close to home. Penrith is a district club, as is Eastwood. Both are doing their best for the game in the areas which they represent.

Remind me, which area of the great city of Sydney is Sydney University doing their best for? Pitt Street?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well if the Marlins are mediocre, we must completely suck. They gave us a lesson on Round 1.
put Gower & Lucas in your team,and they would have beaten more than just Penrith this year.

Manly have beaten
Easts by 6
Gordon by 8
Souths by 7
Norths & wests by 4
Rats by 8

Not much margin of error there,take out your best back & best forward and everything deteriorates.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 14 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Sydney University 41 West Harbour 31
Randwick 43 Parramatta 28
Manly 53 Eastern Suburbs 24
Northern Suburbs 31 Gordon 12
Eastwood 129 Penrith 0
Southern Districts 12 Warringah 26

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Sydney University 62 West Harbour 21
Randwick 36 Parramatta 10
Manly 48 Eastern Suburbs 26
Northern Suburbs 19 Gordon 14
Eastwood 125 Penrith 0
Southern Districts 46 Warringah 46

JR Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Sydney University 39 West Harbour 10
Randwick 55 Parramatta 17
Manly 11 Eastern Suburbs 19
Northern Suburbs 27 Gordon 21
Eastwood 136 Penrith 0
Southern Districts 14 Warringah 43

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Sydney University 26 West Harbour 0
Randwick 36 Parramatta 16
Manly 13 Eastern Suburbs 0
Northern Suburbs 29 Gordon 0
Eastwood 64 Penrith 0
Southern Districts 36 Warringah 0

Round 15 Games - 4 July
Eastern Suburbs v Randwick (Shown Live on Channel 7Two)
West Harbour v Eastwood
Manly v Northern Suburbs
Gordon v Parramatta
Sydney University v Southern Districts
Penrith v Warringah

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
It is getting tighter at the top as the usual suspects jockey with their positions and consolidate their lead at the top of the table. There is now only 25 (LW 39) points separating the top 3 clubs. There is also one hell of a scrap for places 6-10 with 174 (LW 60) points separating the 5 clubs.

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs last year. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back.

Randwick, 2214 points (Up 1 place)
Sydney University, 2199 points (up 1 place)
Eastwood, 2189 points (down 2 places)
Manly, 1945 points
Northern Suburbs, 1862 points
Warringah, 1511 points (up 3 places)
Eastern Suburbs, 1462 points (down 1 place)
Southern Districts, 1417 points
West Harbour, 1386 points (down 2 places)
Gordon, 1337 points
Parramatta, 821points
Penrith, 125 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 33 point difference between Gold and Silver last year could have been made up from an extra 2 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in Colts 2, or an extra victory without a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 3.

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
They also have a couple of sharp shooters with the boot , Lane & Hodge if by chance one of these guys was having a bad day maybe the MMM's might not be on the top of the table.

While watching North's v Gordon yesterday I heard a couple of interesting thing about Manly , Gower is heading OS shortly that's why the ask or $$$$ Neville to come back.

The other story I'm looking into , get back with details shortly.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Well, mate, quite a bit of the answer lies very close to home. Penrith is a district club, as is Eastwood. Both are doing their best for the game in the areas which they represent.

Remind me, which area of the great city of Sydney is Sydney University doing their best for? Pitt Street?
Uni have a local juniors outfit, though not a large area they recently competed in junior age competitions. But you may have misunderstood me. I agree with you and any reading of my posts will show that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It has to stop. Demeaning for the heroic troops at Emu Park. F*ck Eastwood and every other team that does that to them, including Uni. Readjust your teams to make it closer you aresholes!! What point is served?

The overall results were:
G1: Eastwood 129 Penrith 0
G2: Eastwood 125 Penrith 0
G3: Eastwood 136 Penrith 0
G4: Eastwood 64 Penrith 0
Overall Eastwood 454 Penrith 0 @ average score of 113 - 0

Hard to see what the Woodies could have done to prevent the massacre short of giving their entire Grade 1 squad and half the Grade 2 boys the weekend off and playing their Colts 1 team in lieu of one of the grade teams.

A slight glimmer of hope came from the Colts:
C1: Eastwood v The Bye
C2: Penrith 26 Eastwood 22
C3: Penrith 28 Eastwood 5

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
If anyone has the time to look back over posts for the previous couple of years they'll find that all the current comments about the Emus have been said before. It's blindingly obvious that without some dramatic intervention by SRU, NSWRU, ARU (no chance) or some benefactor with deep pockets nothing is going to change -- in spite of the hard work by the Emus faithful. I have no doubt that the current crop of Emu Colts in seconds (who were originally their Colts 1 team and who may yet make the playoffs this year) will move to other clubs or codes or give it away and any half good players in grade will also be targeted by other clubs. We have insanity -- we keep doing the same things but expect different outcomes.

I'm really sorry to say this, but they are an embarrassment to the Sydney Premium Rugby Competition and have to go.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
If anyone has the time to look back over posts for the previous couple of years they'll find that all the current comments about the Emus have been said before. It's blindingly obvious that without some dramatic intervention by SRU, NSWRU, ARU (no chance) or some benefactor with deep pockets nothing is going to change -- in spite of the hard work by the Emus faithful. I have no doubt that the current crop of Emu Colts in seconds (who were originally their Colts 1 team and who may yet make the playoffs this year) will move to other clubs or codes or give it away and any half good players in grade will also be targeted by other clubs. We have insanity -- we keep doing the same things but expect different outcomes.

I'm really sorry to say this, but they are an embarrassment to the Sydney Premium Rugby Competition and have to go.
Yes, it is insanity to keep doing this.
I feel very sorry for the Emu loyals.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just to add some context to those penrith scores, the second grade match was called off by the referee with 19 minutes left to play. I am told that the fourth grade game was also shortened because there were not enough players at kick off time.

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
It is it any wonder loig and wendyball are fast leaving rugby for dead when the NSWRU doesn't give a shit about the game west of Epping. It's time for Uni to leave the Shute Shield and replace the Stars as an NRC team and the talent spread more evenly among the Shield clubs. Folau especially should've been allocated to Penrith or Parramatta when he came across instead of joining the gravy train of free uni fees that is $ydney Univer$ity.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Slow down Mr Shire. In the article you posted the coach said he had lost 43 players to other clubs. They did not all come to Uni.

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm pretty sure about 8 of them went to eastern suburbs due to a previous Penrith coach going there.

This included the McKenzie brothers and all other NRC players.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I'm pretty sure about 8 of them went to eastern suburbs due to a previous Penrith coach going there.

This included the McKenzie brothers and all other NRC players.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

I think 6 went to Easts this season:
Arona, Mate (both of them) Viiga, Watene-Zelezniak and Jerome McKenzie (his brothers went back to Wenty League)
Best player in my opinion was Toleafoa, he went the ACT and will play in the NRC for the Vikings this year.

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
Either way the exodus needs to stop.

If I was NSWRU I would finish up penrith and move Parramatta closer to the hills region where a lot of Parramatta players are coming from and start again with the:

Western Sydney Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.