• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2022

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
two blue strike again with a convincing 21-5 win over the wicks and Gordon with a surprising 35-30 win over the Woods.
Opens the comp up nicely.

The Woodies have fallen into a hole, they lack pace in the backs, and the loose forwards.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Manly v Uni -
How good is getting the win at Uni.
I reckon both teams will take away a lot from that game with regards to areas of improvement.
Alot of spilled pill given the intensity, and probably the top-of-table clash pressure.
The highlight for me was the continued effort by Uni to score a try off the 5-meter lineout - I always like effort.
I like it, even more when the Marlins stop it - time and time and time again.

Another big must-win game for the Marlins next week.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Manly v Uni -
How good is getting the win at Uni.
I reckon both teams will take away a lot from that game with regards to areas of improvement.
Alot of spilled pill given the intensity, and probably the top-of-table clash pressure.
The highlight for me was the continued effort by Uni to score a try off the 5-meter lineout - I always like effort.
I like it, even more when the Marlins stop it - time and time and time again.

Another big must-win game for the Marlins next week.

Could this be your year, Dave? If its not us (and it won't be) I hope it is!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Manly did play against a 14 man Uni for 50 minutes. Uni defended what felt like all of the 2nd half but they ran out of gas in the last 10.
It was a pretty horrible game, not a lot of brains or skill shown by either side

The Marlins winger in reserve grade was the highlight of the day " YOOL, Yool" - serious juice

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
This is the tightest Shute Shield competition in years. Great to see the Two Blues win again and Sailosi their coach needs to be congratulated.
Mahe Vailanu made a huge difference for Gordon and to beat Eastwood at TG is a big effort. Also a clean sweep of the Colts by Gordon made it a great day out for the Highlanders.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This is the tightest Shute Shield competition in years. Great to see the Two Blues win again and Sailosi their coach needs to be congratulated.
Mahe Vailanu made a huge difference for Gordon and to beat Eastwood at TG is a big effort. Also a clean sweep of the Colts by Gordon made it a great day out for the Highlanders.
Hunter wildfires defeat of Sydney uni was also huge.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Brilliant result.

Thoroughly enjoying following the comp this year. With a bit of luck I hope GF day has some varied match ups. Love it when there are various groups of clubs in the same ground.

Is it at North Sydney Oval? Please not Bank West (or whatever its going to be called)

Rae Rae

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Doesn't matter to me. The Woodies won't be there;
Cmon Wamberal. Woods are sitting 4th only 2 wins off 1st place and they are always there come finals time. Probably get to add Edmed and Nawaqanitawase (Had to Google that one) into the team.

Best comp in years.

Rae Rae