• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 7 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Suggesting it’s possible Brumbies go #3?

To be honest no. But I did think the Rebels were closer than they are.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 205427.png

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A much improved performance all round by the Tahs. Absolutely the worst performance by the Brumbies this year. Nonetheless, comfortably in the lead when Dan made a lot of changes and I'm confident they'd have won easily had Nic White stayed out there another 15 - 20 minutes. Clearly best on ground until he was replaced.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know it's one game and all but really felt like tonight was the start of a changing of the guard. Samu, Slipper, Valetini, FF (Folau Fainga'a) were outshone by Bell, Harris, Longeran, Douglas and Wood. Makes sense that our best u20s team in history would start filtering through.

In saying that, I thought Neville was pretty good and FF (Folau Fainga'a) is still young for a hooker, so I expect he'll bounce back.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Promising by tahs and given a few try opportunities missed / bombed tonight was promising. Certainly looked much better with Gordon and bell on the field. Centre pairing also looking like the goods as perese and foketi both attacked the line well.

Hopefully tahs can build on this for rest of super rugby au and TT.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If Newsome isn’t in that team, do the Tahs win?

Yes. Waratahs made more clean breaks, offloads, defenders beaten, higher percentage of rucks won, more metres/run. I think even with Newsome but instead Harrison nails his conversation at the end, the 'Tahs go on to win.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I feel dirty for saying this but I found myself genuinely happy for the Tahs during that game and as it unfolded I was cheering for them for the first time in my life. Well played Tahs great to see you show some fight.

It's hard not to go for the under dogs even if it's the Tahs.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Jeremy Williams and Max Douglas looked great in the row.

What was doing with Caird and the journeyman for the first half of the season?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know it's one game and all but really felt like tonight was the start of a changing of the guard. Samu, Slipper, Valetini, FF (Folau Fainga'a) were outshone by Bell, Harris, Longeran, Douglas and Wood. Makes sense that our best u20s team in history would start filtering through.

In saying that, I thought Neville was pretty good and FF (Folau Fainga'a) is still young for a hooker, so I expect he'll bounce back.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) came off early in the second half, and I thought it was his best game of the year so far during that period, and outshone Poreckie in that first hour..........

Neville was huge for the Brumbies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

You mean Slipper on his week side of the scrum.. his the best lhp in the country..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well we won the 2nd half 12-0. At this point I’ll take that. There is some serious raw talent in that side, particularly the 2019 U20s group. It’s hard to pick a Brumbie that outplayed their opposite, aside from Wright over Newsome.
bit much Hey.. Banks better then Maddocks another. Neville was Massive.. Murihead and Ramm even. Wright was sensational in his return. The TAHs aimed up but still.