• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 7 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m liking this small glimpse of Wood. If this is Gilmore’s influence of trust the youth compared to Penney’s journeymen then for sure Penney should be booted.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well we won the 2nd half 12-0. At this point I’ll take that. There is some serious raw talent in that side, particularly the 2019 U20s group. It’s hard to pick a Brumbie that outplayed their opposite, aside from Wright over Newsome.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I’m liking this small glimpse of Wood. If this is Gilmore’s influence of trust the youth compared to Penney’s journeymen then for sure Penney should be booted.

Did something I haven't seen much of at all this season. And that is take the initial hit and still move forward in contact. That was actually pretty impressive.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
When the Brumbies bind up in maul and opposition doesn’t engage that is fine. Take a step forward like they did it is a penalty - flying wedge all be it slow.

Flying wedge: An illegal type of attack, which usually happens near the goal line, when the attacking team is awarded a penalty or free-kick. The kicker taps the ball and starts the attack, either by driving towards the goal line or by passing to a team-mate who drives forward. Immediately, team-mates bind on each side of the ball-carrier in a wedge formation before engaging the opposition. Often one or more of these team-mates is in front of the ball-carrier.

Reactions: dru

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Did something I haven't seen much of at all this season. And that is take the initial hit and still move forward in contact. That was actually pretty impressive.

He was doing that awesome in the under 20s with that..His a good'un.

And We'll done Brumbies !! Not pretty but we won..

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well we won the 2nd half 12-0. At this point I’ll take that. There is some serious raw talent in that side, particularly the 2019 U20s group. It’s hard to pick a Brumbie that outplayed their opposite, aside from Wright over Newsome.
It’s a moral victory for sure. Really impressed by the players, especially after such a tumultuous week

ShuteFan1

Peter Burge (5)
Doesn’t really look like Harrison is just riding off a dominant U20s Randwick.

Nice jab

I did give the kid credit, his running game and kicking is brilliant .
Just don’t think he is great organiser / controlling 10 but I guess that will come with time .

What about him as a Matt Giteau type 12 ? Less responsibility but can still use his lethal running and kicking game ?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
No bonus point for the Brumbies makes tomorrow's game even more interesting.

ShuteFan1

Peter Burge (5)
Out of interest what is laws regarding the video referee and the Cusack penalty ? Can they review for anything or only try scoring opportunity and foul play ?
Or am I confusing with Rugby League