• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I know right! It gets to low 20s late this afternoon when we are going to be eating, probably be windy and there will be showers. Not sure the birkenstocks will cut it but I don't have anything else other than my gardening thongs I wear when I mow the lawn. I'll tough it out and have a hot shower when I get home.

PS, we are meeting some friends from out of town who are vegan, any recommendations for decent vegan pub food around South Brisbane?

South Bris? Hot chips?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I know right! It gets to low 20s late this afternoon when we are going to be eating, probably be windy and there will be showers. Not sure the birkenstocks will cut it but I don't have anything else other than my gardening thongs I wear when I mow the lawn. I'll tough it out and have a hot shower when I get home.

PS, we are meeting some friends from out of town who are vegan, any recommendations for decent vegan pub food around South Brisbane?

But seriously an app called Happy cow will help you out.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Plenty of vege/vegan options West End through to Southbank. Not sure about the pub part though. Maybe the Bearded Lady?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wilson looks to have lost a lot of his puppy fat, which makes sense after spending a couple years in a pro set up.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think Wessels thinks it’s a tactic. Naming 25 from week to week just shows he’s indecisive.

I wouldn’t have an issue if this was allowed and all teams could do it.

NRL do it by announcing teams with 4 extra members, which gets cut by 2 24 hours out from the game, then finally the starting lineup finalised with the remaining 2 cut 1 hour out from the game. What it allows is for coaches to name their teams earlier in the week with flexibility to make changes pending how players recover from injuries:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I wouldn’t have an issue if this was allowed and all teams could do it.

NRL do it by announcing teams with 4 extra members, which gets cut by 2 24 hours out from the game, then finally the starting lineup finalised with the remaining 2 cut 1 hour out from the game. What it allows is for coaches to name their teams earlier in the week with flexibility to make changes pending how players recover from injuries:

What makes you think all teams can't do it?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Odd wings on both teams. With Campbell & Lomani. Wonder how long till Daugunu comes on.

Keen to see Kemney up against a great backrow. Good match ups across the park actually. Lots of Wallabies Jerseys on the line.