• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 2: Waratahs v Stormers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Stormers. That's almost rigged. Hahaha. They did everything to lose that game.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was it really though? They were the better team except for the scrum, if the Stormers had won it would have been because we lost it. Need to improve everywhere if we are going to top the conference though.

I am not sure that you have the pack to get close to topping the conference even with an improvement, on paper both the Rebels and Brumbies are far ahead. Latu coming back will be a huge boost, not sure where else the pack will get an improvement from.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Was it really though? They were the better team except for the scrum, if the Stormers had won it would have been because we lost it. Need to improve everywhere if we are going to top the conference though.

And they played a man down for 10. Don't think the Tahs need to improve everywhere to win the conference. But yes they do to do something in the finals.

I'm not as down on the scrum as many here - the game up advantage is a big one in the scrum. OTOH the scrum is going to take it out of these guys and leave them poorer across the field.

Tahs backs are looking really good.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
On tonight's form, I can't see the Tahs having the grunt to do that. Funny in Aus rugby that fast / mobile are mutually exclusive with physically dominant, as opposed to, say, NZ Super teams for starters. Sure, Kepu and Latu will help the set piece, but it all looks too "lightweight" to me. Defensive structure was better, though, which is something. Still work to do there though.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I am not sure that you have the pack to get close to topping the conference even with an improvement, on paper both the Rebels and Brumbies are far ahead. Latu coming back will be a huge boost, not sure where else the pack will get an improvement from.

Kepu and Dempsey will provide some starch. The second row and Robertson are a real weakness though.

Holloway played like a madman when he got on. Would like to see him at 8 next week, potentially with Wells at 6.

Staniforth and Simmons are just so uninspiring. Workrate, shmurk-rate. I could also go out and there and try really hard for 80 minutes, but like those two, I just wouldn't get anything done. You need impact with your involvements otherwise they're wasted.

Sloppy game but a great game. Jesus Christ I'm enjoying footy being back.

It's a shame we can't cross to a Perth game now :(

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kepu might help a bit maybe.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah Kepu will help the set piece, not so sure on the park. I think Robertston will still struggle hard at LHP though scrum wise, even with Kepu holding up the tight head. Around the park. Kepu will have some big impact moments at the cost of work rate, but to be fair, that's probably what they need.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Kepu and Dempsey will provide some starch. The second row and Robertson are a real weakness though.

Holloway played like a madman when he got on. Would like to see him at 8 next week, potentially with Wells at 6.

Staniforth and Simmons are just so uninspiring. Workrate, shmurk-rate. I could also go out and there and try really hard for 80 minutes, but like those two, I just wouldn't get anything done. You need impact with your involvements otherwise they're wasted.

Sloppy game but a great game. Jesus Christ I'm enjoying footy being back.

It's a shame we can't cross to a Perth game now :(

I mentioned this last season but I would like to see Holloway tried out at 4. He honestly couldn't be any less effective than Staniforth. What do people see in the guy? He's such a non-entity on the pitch. No go forward in contact. No significant impact in defence.

And it's not like this game was an aberration. He had a similar lack of impact beyond touching the ball a lot in the NRC.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I mentioned this last season but I would like to see Holloway tried out at 4. He honestly couldn't be any less effective than Staniforth. What do people see in the guy? He's such a non-entity on the pitch. No go forward in contact. No significant impact in defence.

And it's not like this game was an aberration. He had a similar lack of impact beyond touching the ball a lot in the NRC.
Brumby runner rates him!

Status
Not open for further replies.