• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 2: Waratahs v Stormers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Keep a close eye on Stormer 22, replacement 10 Whitehead. On loan from Griquas (gotta love that). Whitehead was the highest points in the Currie Cup.

T

TOCC

If I were the Stormers I would go for the scrum, could potentially get a second yellow card

T

TOCC

Stormers are killing themselves, needed to keep the ball in the scrum and lacking a bit of discipline

Reactions: dru

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Memo to Gibson your idea of a mobile forward pack did not work last year. Everyone can see that you need big heavy forwards for scrums and duh you throw it out there again that a mobile pack is the way to go and the scrum goes backwards.

Paddy Ryan and Tom Robertson are getting creamed. We are lucky not to have them both in the bin.

Our mobile pack is getting pushed back and mauled to pieces. We need go forward.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Memo to Gibson your idea of a mobile forward pack did not work last year. Everyone can see that you need big heavy forwards for scrums and duh you throw it out there again that a mobile pack is the way to go and the scrum goes backwards.

Paddy Ryan and Tom Robertson are getting creamed. We are lucky not to have them both in the bin.

Our mobile pack is getting pushed back and mauled to pieces. We need go forward.

Dont agree. Stormers have a game up in Super working the scrum rules, it's a huge advantage. These rules dont favour size - though I'd listen to counter views by experts. I think they favour technical props.

Tahs front row is doing alright - you should have seen the penalties last week. BUT they will need to step it up following this experience.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Dont agree. Stormers have a game up in Super working the scrum rules, it's a huge advantage. These rules dont favour size - though I'd listen to counter views by experts. I think they favour technical props.

Tahs front row is doing alright - you should have seen the penalties last week. BUT they will need to step it up following this experience.

Sorry I don't agree. The front row is getting creamed. The front row collapsing and our go forward is poor

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Drew Mitchell is candidate for worst Aussie commentator now.

So bad.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I hate the Ned Hanigan circle jerk but Jesus Christ I've seen him miss atleast four tackles tonight and knock it on 2-3 times.

I'm going to rewatch the game but it's maddening.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Very keen to see the stats.

He is having a shocker tonight. I hope its just rust. I really hope he improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.