• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Uni Vs Eastwood

Some Still pics for anyone that is interested

http://img.gg/jB9HW5i

Click on the link and it will take you to the Nikon Image Space site

Best viewed on Slideshow mode, but the site picks the music, not me.

Don't be afraid to hit the WOW button, doesn't bite

S

sidelineview

Interesting schedule of games Randwick vs Warringah

Round 11 Saturday 10th June
Pittwater Rugby Park
Super Saturday
4th Grade – 1.10 pm
3rd Grade – 2.25 pm
2nd Grade - 5.25 pm
1st Grade - 7 pm
3rd Colts - 1.10 pm Front Field
2nd Colts – 2.25 pm Front Field
1st Colts - 3.50 pm Main Field

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
And just to make sure the nepotism can flourish Pat McCutcheon's first job as a coach - his first coaching job - is to coach the NSW U20s: on what basis was that appointment made?

Just because Uni bashing is a fave past time of mine... has anyone seen the Waratahs touring squad they are taking to Japan during the June break? Pat McCutcheon chosen as a player - not a bad junket for a "retired" player... I guess there must be no good back rowers worthy of a look at in the Waratahs environment or who could be rewarded with solid Shute Shield form

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just because Uni bashing is a fave past time of mine. has anyone seen the Waratahs touring squad they are taking to Japan during the June break? Pat McCutcheon chosen as a player - not a bad junket for a "retired" player. I guess there must be no good back rowers worthy of a look at in the Waratahs environment or who could be rewarded with solid Shute Shield form

Why, just why?
I take it Pulver doesn't consider taking McCutcheon on a development tour as a player is pissing it up against the wall - airfares, accomodation etc etc.
He must have some very incriminating photos of someone doing something to something or someone.
Rugby in this country is a frigging joke.

Allen Oxlade (6)
Then why wouldn't Uni use Fusesport? It's easy to use and everyone gets to see who actually takes the field. Posted team lists mean bugger all and can be changed. I agree..... do they have too many points and that's why they don't use it? Surely SRU can start fining them for being non compliant. Oh that's right..... Untouchable

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Then why wouldn't Uni use Fusesport? It's easy to use and everyone gets to see who actually takes the field. Posted team lists mean bugger all and can be changed. I agree... do they have too many points and that's why they don't use it? Surely SRU can start fining them for being non compliant. Oh that's right... Untouchable

http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/team-list.html

Don't think that team goes near 40 points,

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/team-list.html

Don't think that team goes near 40 points,

Ok i'll bite.

Hopefully you can explain (or someone who has the player point rules )

Guy Porter (2014 Aus Schools) - 1 point
Lachlan Swinton (2015 Aus Baa Baas) - 1 point
William Terry - (2016 NSW Schools 1's) - 2 points

Most other clubs would have them at 4,5,4 points respectively.

It would really help if someone had a copy of the "Holy Grail" or said document if it actually exists.

@hb - Uni are playing great rugby at the moment and showed true grit being down to 13 men last weekend, they certainly deserve to be leading the competition .
Would just like some clarification to help us all understand what the true competition rules are.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Guy Porter didn't play in Aus Schools. 3rd year in Colts. Barbarians don't accrue 6 points from my understanding due to the rules not being updated to reflect this. This would alter a few teams points. Not sure about Terry but if he played NSW rather than just being listed, he would have 4 points. He has however mostly played 2nds Colts.

At the moment quite a few points listed on Fusesport are incorrect with some players listed at 0, I understand this is currently being attended to with all Clubs having to address.

Your club will have the rules, just ask them. I am referring to an old post last year from Hugh Jarse, who seemed to know and often cited the "rules".

S

sidelineview

Randwick vs Warringah

COLTS 1 3.50pm Main Oval Warringah COLTS 2 COLTS 3
1 Dan Matthew Cam Prince James McNeill
2 Will Anderson Jack Upton Connor McCullough
3 Harrison Chapman Blake Schoup Cameron Horne
4 Nath Gittoes Pat Clifton Travis Gifford
5 Tom Nowlan Alex Corcoran Liam Smith
6 Alex Hills Tom Serhon Sam Musgrove
7 Christian Poidevin Latham James Michael Midson
8 Callum Quinn Lewis Allen James Macaskill
9 Tyzac Jordan Tom Wong James Tinker
10 Patrick Pelligrini Zac Carr Lufusi Vea Tapaatoutai
11 James Ramm Jaya Yaonnidis Harry Stewart
12 Nick Wilkinson Matt Orpen Caleb Shephard
13 Yirribi Jaffer Williams Ronald Streeter Mason Max Rivers
14 Dan Boardman Will Douglass Barney Pinkerton
15 Lochie Day Morgan Steyn Ryley Angles Cork

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
All clubs need to address their points but if Uni want to escape the justified scrutiny then they should update their points in the system so people know exactly where they are placed.
Will Terry is a 4 point player and with Tom Leaver playing 2nd grade colts as well you have a total of 10 points out of the maximum 35 on two players.
Honey Badger if you want to stop all the talk about Uni tell them as probably the only club with multiple full time staff to update their points and abide by the competition rules.
Rugby Mum is correct that the points only stipulate Australian Schoolboys from 2015 and 2016 as 6 point players. A bit of an anomaly if you were a 2014 Schoolboy and still playing Colts but something no doubt the SRU will address going forward. Porter not a Schoolboy so escapes anyway.
As for the Randwick team posted above 4 players (Gittoes 5, Wilkinson 6, Yirribi 6, Day 4) make up 21 points. Doesn't leave much room for the other 11 players before reserves with only 19 points.
Uni update the fusesport system and free yourself of the scrutiny. It is not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.