• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Div 2 2023

Lindfield
Drummoyne
Epping
Newport
Hills
Hawkesbury Valley
UNSW
Knox (do subbies give them an opportunity to rebuild in DIV 2 or despatch them to DIv 5 to start again as a one team club?)
* If not KNOBs maybe Harlequinns?
Highly doubtful you'll see Epping there. If the requirement is Colts AND four grades, then it seems tough. We've had a meeting with Subbies - they've brought up a number of things that we need to 'fix'.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
If this is true how would a team like Petersham fair in Div 2? What is the gap between divisions at the upper end
Hard to say about the Gap between divisions as a whole as there may be 1/2 teams in lower divisions that could be in the top half of Div 1 in some years.

Hard to move some clubs at times as you can have 3-4 blokes leave who may have some mates with them and suddenly you are down 10 players which can change a club. Especially if they are 1st graders

I feel like Knox would surely benefit from Div 3 the most?? Could have the exact same issue in Div 2 as they did this year but going too low may have some people just leave thinking it's dead? Curious on what people think

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any word on the subbies Annual Report. I am aware we are getting close to Christmas party season but just thought it would have been released by now. Going to be interesting to see what season 2023 looks like

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Any word on the subbies Annual Report. I am aware we are getting close to Christmas party season but just thought it would have been released by now. Going to be interesting to see what season 2023 looks like

AGM is 7PM, Monday 5th December at the recently opened NSW Rugby offices in Daceyville.

Im new here

Peter Burge (5)
Hearing some rumours of big issues under the Gladesville bridge, anyone able to put some context to this?
Have the Dirty Reds, the once powerhouses of division 1 continued to spiral?
Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Screenshot_20221203-134759.png

I'll bet you're not :)

#stalkinghorse

TheBigArvo

Chris McKivat (8)
Any news on the make up of the Division’s next year? When are Subbies going to release them? Would love to see some predictions from the great minds in here. Bring on 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Highlight for us were the Reneladies' mention on p11 of the Annual Report for their Subbies 7s win. Not much glory for the blokes but we'll do our best to turn that around next year ;)

1670304890574.png

TheBigArvo

Chris McKivat (8)
Great work by your girls Pfitzy! Looks like a great feed at the AGM hope there was plenty to go round. Fingers crossed for a big 2023 for the Renegades!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Great work by your girls Pfitzy! Looks like a great feed at the AGM hope there was plenty to go round. Fingers crossed for a big 2023 for the Renegades!!

Me too ;) bit slow this time of year, tho maybe it feels that way because we started way earlier than usual. I'm sure February will see a good roll up and we're hitting the socials hard to generate some interest.

Got a few bites on players but not much on coaching - speaking to a few clubs that isn't unique.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I see its 8 teams in the top 3 Divisions

Div 1
Colleagues
Waverley
Hunters Hill
Mosman
St Pats
Forest
Blue Mountains
Petersham/Newport

Div 2
Newport/Petersham
UNSW
Hawkessbury Valley
Lindfield
Hills
Drummoyne

Then it gets difficult. 2 off the below.

Harlequinns
Beecroft
Epping
Briars
Knox

Can see how they then have enough left for 8 teams in Div 3?

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I see its 8 teams in the top 3 Divisions

Div 1
Colleagues
Waverley
Hunters Hill
Mosman
St Pats
Forest
Blue Mountains
Petersham/Newport

Div 2
Newport/Petersham
UNSW
Hawkessbury Valley
Lindfield
Hills
Drummoyne

Then it gets difficult. 2 off the below.

Harlequinns
Beecroft
Epping
Briars
Knox

Can see how they then have enough left for 8 teams in Div 3?
Quinns and Epping (big jump) to Div 2?

@Pfitzy got enough for DIV 3?