• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kerevi's defense certainly seems to have deteriorated this year. To the point that he would have been behind TK to start even if fit imo. I really do see some potential in Hodge as a 13. Maybe won't happen until Beale returns or if and when Hunt shows he can play 12, but longer term he looks to have the attributes of a good back up 13 to the two Ks. Of course, his long kicking game would be missed if he's on the bench or worse.

Kerevi's tackling is fine, his defensive decision making is the issue

T

TOCC

Kerevi's tackling is fine, his defensive decision making is the issue

Disagree, and i I've even seen him say it in interviews post match where he has admitted his actual tackling was poor, he didn't use his shoulder and just stuck an arm out for a player to swipe away.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Who's the injury worry that they've called up Mason? Foley or Cooper?

Please Buddha/God/Allah/insert preferred deity don't let it be Foley

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yeah it reads like he's just there for some experience for a few days before flying to Japan with the residual Tahs squad. It's no different to what Cheika did with Joe Powell this time last year.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Hahaha - it could be something else - can Cooper, and I say this with sadness, be a viable Wallaby 10 ever again?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
No he can't

Well, he can , but just not as good as TK or Kerevi. Has played 13 for the Brumbies and was ok. He has just lately regained his body shape and mass after his stint at 7s and his speed and strength in contact after a series of serious injuries. He just might be a viable option at 13 if there is an injury to TK, but personally I'd prefer Hodge there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The scary thing is that our cupboard is so just bare that it is possible, the other options of McIntyre, Hegarty & Lance are it

4 foreign flyhalfs running around in the Super sides is simply not helping

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, he can , but just not as good as TK or Kerevi. Has played 13 for the Brumbies and was ok. He has just lately regained his body shape and mass after his stint at 7s and his speed and strength in contact after a series of serious injuries. He just might be a viable option at 13 if there is an injury to TK, but personally I'd prefer Hodge there.

Speight also played at 13 for the Wobs at the RWC.............

It's not ideal, but he can cover the position.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Speight also played at 13 for the Wobs at the RWC.....

It's not ideal, but he can cover the position.

Speight attacking at 13 is decent, defending there makes me uncomfortable.

He bites on dummy runners and fake passes very hard.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Paul Alo-Emile is in the recent Samoan squad for the June Internationals.

A shame for our potential future depth, though I suppose we have 2 test standard tight heads, and arguably another on the way.