• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only if Hooper doesn’t go down in the first 10 minutes of any test

Back ups are Paisami and

I am guessing he has Paisami and JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and then Perese as a last option. If one or more of Kerevi and they go down then he has Foketi and Simone waiting to be called up.
Paisami is the smallest centre at international level. He's not a playmaker, he's a wrecking ball so he's OK for Super Rugby level but not at international

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Paisami is the smallest centre at international level. He's not a playmaker, he's a wrecking ball so he's OK for Super Rugby level but not at international
I beg to differ and I’d guess that Dave Rennie agrees. He is a decent second playmaker and a better 12 than 13 IMHO. He has a load more test experience there than Foketi or Simone.
When the cupboard was bare he was thrown in there a couple of years back and did pretty well considering. Since then his game has grown.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I beg to differ and I’d guess that Dave Rennie agrees. He is a decent second playmaker and a better 12 than 13 IMHO. He has a load more test experience there than Foketi or Simone.
When the cupboard was bare he was thrown in there a couple of years back and did pretty well considering. Since then his game has grown.
He's a good player buuuut without Kerevi the WBs don't have a weapon to damage top defenses like ABs or Boks. Samu is unique right now for WBs backline

He is a decent second playmaker
He has improved, no doubt about it but he's not Matt Giteau

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I agree, he's added some skills, his short kicking game can be quite good.

But I also think it has made him second guess himself too much and come up with errors or the wrong play. He burst onto the scene as a strong ball carrier. He's added other aspects to his game but it's confused his play style a bit.

Having watched him at length the last couple of seasons I can say I think he's having an off year, a bit of progression hangover maybe?

tarzan

Bob McCowan (2)
Tarzan Wallabies 15 1st test
1. Angus Bell
2. Ryan Lonergan
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Jed Holloway
6. Rob Valentini
7. Michael Hooper
8. Harry Wilson
9. Rate McDermott
10. James O’Con
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks
16. David Porecki
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Allalatoa
19. Matt Philip
20. Pete Samu
21. Nic White
22. Noah Lolesio
23. Jordan Petaia

tarzan

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Angus Bell
2. Ryan Lonergan
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Jed Holloway
6. Rob Valentini
7. Michael Hooper
8. Harry Wilson
9. Rate McDermott
10. James O’Con
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks
16. David Porecki
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Allalatoa
19. Matt Philip
20. Pete Samu
21. Nic White
22. Noah Lolesio
23. Jordan Petaia
Lachlan Lonergan *

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
1. Angus Bell
2. Ryan Lonergan
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Jed Holloway
6. Rob Valentini
7. Michael Hooper
8. Harry Wilson
9. Rate McDermott
10. James O’Con
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks
16. David Porecki
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Allalatoa
19. Matt Philip
20. Pete Samu
21. Nic White
22. Noah Lolesio
23. Jordan Petaia
Lachie at 2 … not yet…. Lolesio at 22 …. Will be JOC (James O'Connor) … Cooper at 10.. Wilson I don’t think will be 8….

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
1. Angus Bell
2. David Porecki
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Darcy Swain
5. Caderyn Neville
6. Rob Leota
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nick White
10. James O’Connor
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Jordan Petaia
16. FF (Folau Fainga'a)
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Alaalaatoa
19. Jed Holloway
20. Pete Samu
21. Tate McDermott
22. Quade Cooper
23. Izaia Perese

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
One played 100 tests, won titles in every competition he went to, won multiply player of the year awards across multiply countries, and was nominated for world player of the year.. the other not so much..
Once the blokes that carried him aka Gregan, Larkham, Mortlock and Roff retired, what did he win again?

Was some pretty lean years in Gold and even Brumbies/Force during the years he played.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Once the blokes that carried him aka Gregan, Larkham, Mortlock and Roff retired, what did he win again?

Was some pretty lean years in Gold and even Brumbies/Force during the years he played.
A few European titles, a few player of the year, an MLA title. also came back to be really important to the 2015 world cup...

Ged

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bell
Fainga'a
Tupou
Swain
Frost
Valentini
Hooper
Wilson
McDermott
Cooper