• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
aha no, I'm just being miserable. The bloke is already cashing in on the yen. I'm assuming he won't make it to RWC27 though.
I don't see any reason why he won't if he keeps playing the way he is. Even if he defects back to the NRL I reckon we should change the rules and still pick him!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He is technically leaving after the Bledisloes. He's not going on the EOYT.

Fine by me, we need to keep his Japanese employers as happy as possible so we get him at least sometimes.

He's zero chance going back to the NRL. Japan would be paying him 750k at least for a much easier season than the NRL. No one in the NRL would top that for a winger.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't see any reason why he won't if he keeps playing the way he is. Even if he defects back to the NRL I reckon we should change the rules and still pick him!
He'll be 36 years old! But I guess Japan is the best place for him to prolong his career and if has any longevity like Radike why not.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
I‘d say it’s 99% likely that he’s there by invitation to gain coaching experience, and not in any official capacity. They will probably have Darren Coleman around the squad next week.

Calm the fuck down.
I was at the Wallabies camp/hotel last week and Brad Thorn, Sam Cordingley and crew were sitting in the foyer. Apparently they have had a different (Australian) Super Rugby side there each week

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I was at the Wallabies camp/hotel last week and Brad Thorn, Sam Cordingley and crew were sitting in the foyer. Apparently they have had a different (Australian) Super Rugby side there each week
No doubt it’s only home games but that makes sense. You’d assume that being in Sydney this week will be the Tahs turn, it will be interesting to see if Coleman in the sheds with a Wallabies polo on will cause another couple of pages of outrage.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Wow.... That's a disgrace, what a bad look....How would the Force / NSW / Rebels feel about this absolute travesty...

I heard a rumour that if they had of lost in Adelaide 'Brad' and co would have stormed the hotel and taken over the Wallabies....

...p.s. I'm joking, it's ridiculous..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wow.... That's a disgrace, what a bad look....How would the Force / NSW / Rebels feel about this absolute travesty...

I heard a rumour that if they had of lost in Adelaide 'Brad' and co would have stormed the hotel and taken over the Wallabies....

...p.s. I'm joking, it's ridiculous..

Yep. For being in the same hotel? Ridiculous.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
RA has drafted a hit list of champion NRL players for the 2025 British and Irish Lions tour and the 2027 World Cup which includes Sua'ali'i, Tom Trbojevic, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Matt Burton and Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

From Code Sports article about a $10m contract over 5 for Joey Sua'ali'i

Personally I think worth it, money in professional sport only ever going up and these guys are the best of the best.

https://www.codesports.com.au/rugby...l/news-story/a1c272bc0a1cb4d300d1ee36f1a7cd71

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Rugby Australia has drafted a hit list of champion NRL players for the 2025 British and Irish Lions tour and the 2027 World Cup which includes Sua'ali'i, Tom Trbojevic, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Matt Burton and Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Personally I think worth it, money in professional sport only ever going up and these guys are the best of the best.

https://www.codesports.com.au/rugby...l/news-story/a1c272bc0a1cb4d300d1ee36f1a7cd71
Noooooo!!!!!!

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Rugby Australia has drafted a hit list of champion NRL players for the 2025 British and Irish Lions tour and the 2027 World Cup which includes Sua'ali'i, Tom Trbojevic, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Matt Burton and Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Sua'ali'i: Yes, Trobojevic: Yes, Murray: Yes (position has me worried), Burton: Yes

Asofa-Solomona would never be on the field. Had something like 10 charges this year in the NRL. He would have a 139 week suspension if it was Union. Latrell is just as name for the article. I don't think he would give a shit about Rugby and wherever Latrell is it has to be his world or he sooks and trashes everyone. Rugby can't afford dummy spitters.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sua'ali'i: Yes, Trobojevic: Yes, Murray: Yes (position has me worried), Burton: Yes

Asofa-Solomona would never be on the field. Had something like 10 charges this year in the NRL. He would have a 139 week suspension if it was Union. Latrell is just as name for the article. I don't think he would give a shit about Rugby and wherever Latrell is it has to be his world or he sooks and trashes everyone. Rugby can't afford dummy spitters.
Yeah if people have concerns about Tupou’s ‘attitude’, I can’t wait until they see Latrell

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would prefer one of the good NRL attack coaches to work with the forwards and the 9 about getting over the advantage line

I don't see how collecting a pass standing still and falling on the ground is the future

Hitting more ball on the burst always made sense to me