• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Has anyone mentioned an option other than McDermott or Gordon?

I doubt Lonergan is ahead of either those two. But he is ahead of anyone else, for sure.
Yep, Ghost has identified three players mentioned in some dispatches - Kalani Thomas, Tuttle and Teddy Wilson. All with very wild claims as far as I'm concerned. The next best is Fines but I don't think he's making himself available.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I do agree Ewen deserved another shot, I also think he showed the most promise as wallabies coach.
taMy personal view is that Eddie is a great coach but his hard-assed and often bizarre man-management can become exhausting to the players, staff, and fans over the long-term. BUT Eddie has shown he learns from his mistakes and is open to learning and evolving as a coach. Hopefully, getting fired from England will be his wake up call in the media and man-management department. Maybe this is a little bit too hopeful of me, given Eddie is Eddie and that part is probably unlikely to change.
Can't disagree with much of that. I also believe Jake White should've got the job over Cheika when Link resigned, you can understand why they went for an Australian, but Jake would've surely left the Wallabies in a better state than Cheika did in 2019, plus his high-percentage, low risk rugby at least would've produced a lot more wins, also Jake's history shows that he would've assembled a very strong coaching team, unlike Cheika who surrounded himself in uncredentialled inexperienced guys like Grey, Larkam, Ruawaili, etc...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Can't disagree with much of that. I also believe Jake White should've got the job over Cheika when Link resigned, you can understand why they went for an Australian, but Jake would've surely left the Wallabies in a better state than Cheika did in 2019, plus his high-percentage, low risk rugby at least would've produced a lot more wins, also Jake's history shows that he would've assembled a very strong coaching team, unlike Cheika who surrounded himself in uncredentialled inexperienced guys like Grey, Larkam, Ruawaili, etc...
From memory any chatter about Jake white getting the role were shot down by Jake white. I might be wrong but have recollections about that. Regardless, no point rewriting history with a a heap of ifs.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
First goal should be to ensure Rugby don't lose any kids in the Aus schools/18s U20s teams to League. I understand some of them are on contracts already but why aren't Rugby doing the same. Rugby should also be encroaching on the League nationals and getting in the ear of kids.

After that I may look at current NRL players, but I'd only look for ones that can fill a clear hole in the squad. We don't need 9 Wingers. Another preference would be that they are U25 so that they can develop and also be worth the $$ they are going to cost.
Because there are 16 league clubs and 5 unions

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
From memory any chatter about Jake white getting the role were shot down by Jake white. I might be wrong but have recollections about that. Regardless, no point rewriting history with a a heap of ifs.

No, White always coveted the Wallabies job, the reality is after the player power bros flexed their muscles no one but Cheika was getting the job after Beale/Patson. Pulver as expected caved to the 'Australia coach at all costs' mindset & settled for a vastly inferior coach to White.

Last edited:

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Crichton is signed until the end of 2024
Murray is signed until the end of 2025, current captain of Souths and future Origin and Kangaroos captain - no chance

I doubt he was referring to those 2 as part of the "three".
Reckon Pat Carrigan will be the next Kangaroo’s captain after Teddy. Would also love to see how he would go playing 6/8 in rugby. Was both the school captain and First XV captain at Terrace in his day there, where he played lock.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just checking, it's the "Wallabies 2023" thread still...

1674207901350.png

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Just checking, it's the "Wallabies 2023" thread still...
What do you think about Mack Hansen's selection in Farrell's Ireland squad for the Six Nations and the talk of him wanting to transition to fullback.

I know another team who seems to be in need a fullback.... oh, sorry... Wallabies. Righto.

(In all honesty, I do wish we'd managed him better. A smart rugby player).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What do you think about Mack Hansen's selection in Farrell's Ireland squad for the Six Nations and the talk of him wanting to transition to fullback.

I know another team who seems to be in need a fullback.... oh, sorry... Wallabies. Righto.

(In all honesty, I do wish we'd managed him better. A smart rugby player).
I guess, but that bird has flown and no point focussing on him.