• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's probably 8 tests to go before the RWC squad is picked. I reckon anyone wanting to be on the plane needs to be selected as often as possible between now and then.

If the preference is to ease someone in via a somewhat easier game then it feels like that's preparing them for being in the side post RWC, not going to the RWC.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Only watched the 22 minute highlights package on Stan. But with spoiling style the Scots play, I don’t think any of our outside backs contributed much.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’m reasonably confident next year we’ll be allowed to pick as many overseas as possible. They wouldn’t announce it now for obvious reasons.

On Banks, no he hasn’t played a poor game, but he hasn’t played a good one either. He’s the definition of an average/mediocre Test player. Time to move on.

Probably a question for another thread but what would your best Wallaby 23 if we could pick anyone ?

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Still not sure what to think about the last game and our chances. Kinghorn's kick goes over, we go down to an understrength Scotland and only score one try, dismal. Foley kicks out properly in Melbourne, we get one against NZ. Smith doesn't get the bungled intercept in Game III of England series and Australia clinch an iconic three match series against the old enemy and Rennie is back on track.

Fuck it, take victories when we can. Need to inject something more into our backline, genuinely tempting to put Nawaqanitawase in over Kellaway or Wright. We need some bigger bodies. That backline would've been one of the smallest we've had ever.

Wright (99kg) isn't small, he's one who actually brings some physicality to the backline in Marika's absence.

Him and Kellaway are are quite a bit bigger than Banks, Wright 11, Kell to 15, Mark 14.

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Probably a question for another thread but what would your best Wallaby 23 if we could pick anyone ?

Probably slightly different between who I would pick and who Rennie would even consider so I'll go somewhere in the middle.

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Rory Arnold
6. Holloway/Swinton (if comes back same player)
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Quade (although I have my doubts he can comeback from an Achilles at his age but assuming at same quality as before)
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Beale

16. Porecki
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Frost/Staniforth/Douglas
20. Samu
21. White
22. Perese
23. Hodge

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Probably slightly different between who I would pick and who Rennie would even consider so I'll go somewhere in the middle.

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Rory Arnold
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Quade (although I have my doubts he can comeback from an Achilles at his age but assuming at same quality as before)
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Beale

16. Porecki
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Frost/Staniforth
20. Samu
21. White
22. Perese
23. Hodge

Nice work. However, Beale at 15?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We can’t score tries, he’ll help.

Disapponted BPA wasn’t considered for this tour, he should be considered for the RWC. I like Porecki, he’s much more dependable than Fainga'a throwing but I’m not sure he has size/physicality required for Test rugby. He’d add size and alongside Bell and Tupou (and two big lumps in the 2R) could really make our scrum dominant.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We can’t score tries, he’ll help.

Disapponted BPA wasn’t considered for this tour, he should be considered for the RWC. I like Porecki, he’s much more dependable than Fainga'a throwing but I’m not sure he has size/physicality required for Test rugby. He’d add size and alongside Bell and Tupou (and two big lumps in the 2R) could really make our scrum dominant.

I’d hold off on Beale until we see some performance in Aus. I support him going for it, but it’s a long shot.

I’ve become a Porecki (and Holoway) fan on the back of lineout performance. They need to continue showing it. Yes around the field Fainga is better. That’s not enough for me. BPA is an interesting option in this scenario. Do we know how he is going?

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Very hard to compare half backs from that game. The ruck was a complete dogs breakfast while Tate was on and a lot of pressure, by the time White came on, Scotland were not competing as much plus had the yellow card for awhile so it did make White look more assured.

I think White is a good player to come on at the end and finish off a game as he has good composure. I also think Tupou and Samu still more suited to a bench role.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Rory Arnold
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Beale

16. Porecki
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
20. Samu
21. White
22. Perese
23. Hodge

I think if Leota can get back on the park he would be in consideration & Philip if his recovery goes well

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
There's probably 8 tests to go before the RWC squad is picked. I reckon anyone wanting to be on the plane needs to be selected as often as possible between now and then.

The Wallabies might have a chance in 2023 if they select a team along the line of this...

01 – Slipper
02 – BPA
03 – AAA
04 – Rodda
05 – Arnold
06 – T.Hooper
07 – Samu
08 – Valetini
09 – White
10 – Cooper
11 – Koroibete
12 – Kerevi
13 – Ikitau
14 – Wright
15 – Kellaway

16 – Bell
17 – Porecki
18 – TT
19 – Skelton
20 – Frost
21 – McDermott
22 – Hodge
23 – Perese

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I forgot Rodda. T Hooper could be a bolter, shame he got injured this year. He'd definitely be in gold right now.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Solid team rodha, I would prefer Frost at 5 and Phillip onto the bench.
Swinton at 6 if Tom Hooper doesn’t hold his current form and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) at 14.
I like the inclusion of BPA.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Solid team rodha, I would prefer Frost at 5 and Phillip onto the bench.
Swinton at 6 if Tom Hooper doesn’t hold his current form and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) at 14.
I like the inclusion of BPA.

Man, I forgot about Marky & Frost and there's also Petaia I forgot as well, gee the Wallabies certainly have some decent competition building within the squad, will be especially intriguing once everyone comes back from OS/injury (Rodda, Kerevi, Cooper, etc...)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Skelton
5. Rory Arnold
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Beale

16. Porecki
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
20. Samu
21. White
22. Perese
23. Hodge
Swap Philip for Arnold. Swap White and McDermott. I'd also be surprised if Holloway/Hanigan/Swinton beat Leota into the squad if all are fit. Still think Swinton is the best of the lot though.

A bloke not often mentioned who I think should be brought back into the wider squad is Naisarani.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Swap Philip for Arnold. Swap White and McDermott. I'd also be surprised if Holloway/Hanigan/Swinton beat Leota into the squad if all are fit. Still think Swinton is the best of the lot though.

A bloke not often mentioned who I think should be brought back into the wider squad is Naisarani.
Naisarani just dropped off the face of the earth. Was a bolt on starter for the Wallabies, went to Japan, Valetini stepped up good bye Isi.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I would be worried about Skelton starting after a few training sessions. Get him off the bench at the same time as Tupou, at HT or bit into 2nd half. A 2nd row of Skelton/Frost is a complementary match.

I also don't expect Frost to maintain his form, it's his first season and a long one. Difficult to dish out quality as a rookie. Our forward pack went surprisingly well for having I think 4 starters in their first season of test rugby and a further two freshies on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.