• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
tahs.JPG

The problem with this pic though is that Rooster & Fat Cat look like they have photobombed the prefects photo at schools and are waiting to be noticed.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
After Rocky's confirmation as captain for 2012, it will be interesting to see who will be appointed vice captain as he will be leading the team for at least the first few rounds of the season.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
As an outsider I think Barnes should of got the gig. ai never have liked the idea of giving the new "star" recruit the captaincy

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Just bought the new Tahs jersey. Rebel sports and Mick Simmons in the city have stock of all the Australian teams.

Did you get the Tahs pro jersey? I have the same design for a couple of RWC 2011 teams and they don't fit as well as ones from other maunfacturers. The last couple of pro jersey designs from Canterbury have been disappointing... they are getting too complex/fancy with their collars and intrusive piping.

Probably only a matter of time before the Tahs join the other Australian provinces and the Wallabies in getting their kit form KooGa.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
As an outsider I think Barnes should of got the gig. ai never have liked the idea of giving the new "star" recruit the captaincy

Yeah I do agree in general, but does the new star thing really apply here? Rocky did play for the tahs for 6 years.

I do think that Barnes would make a better captain, but it maybe best to give Rocky it for a year or 2 then let someone else take over. I hope it works out for the best, but I don't really picture anyone giving him any credit even if it does.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Was at Tahs training this arvo. I counted all the people in the crowd watching and it was a total of 1 - me.

Before they even started Michael Foley came over to me and introduced himself, no kidding. It was a very nice thing to do. (Working the crowd?)

Everybody seemed to be running freely except Rocky who was watching from the sidelines - though AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell and Vickerman weren't there. Pete Betham and Richard Stanford were there for opposed training.

They had a so called no-contact session and they knocked the crap out of each other. Kepu limped off with a cork.

Everybody looks good at training but Douglas and Kingston took the eye.

That is all.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Did you get the Tahs pro jersey?
thought about it but I went with the classic. It fitted me better, not overly impressed with the collar but I'm not there to look pretty I'm there to support the team :) If the team wore tutus and blue coconut shell bras on the field I buy them and wear them proudly!

Wanted to but a Tahs jersey for my 2 and 4 year old. They wanted $125 each... Stuff that! That's $410 for 3 jerseys.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
They had a so called no-contact session and they knocked the crap out of each other. Kepu limped off with a cork.

Perhaps these "no contact" sessions were what caused all the injuries last year? At this stage of the season, with raging testosterone abounding and no natural outlets, you'd sort of expect that. The first trials should settle the nervous energy, I think.

Thanks for the report.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Vickerman was out at waratah central earlier in the day, his approach to car parking is similar to his approach to cleaning out the ruck!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
thought about it but I went with the classic. It fitted me better, not overly impressed with the collar but I'm not there to look pretty I'm there to support the team :) If the team wore tutus and blue coconut shell bras on the field I buy them and wear them proudly!

Wanted to but a Tahs jersey for my 2 and 4 year old. They wanted $125 each... Stuff that! That's $410 for 3 jerseys.

Cheers for that. The pro jersey has lots of pieces stitched together so I found it doesn't fit as well as a KooGa or Adidas one. If they end up with tutus and shell bras, I'll stick to a jersey.:)

Wow...$125 for a young child's jersey? Very hard for parents to justify that outlay when they quickly outgrow them.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Everybody seemed to be running freely except Rocky who was watching from the sidelines - though AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell and Vickerman weren't there. Pete Betham and Richard Stanford were there for opposed training.

What happened to Richard Standford, is he not under contract with any of the australian sides?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
adidas? Please tell you didn't try on an All Black jersey

I was referring to a couple of jerseys I have (Argentina/Stade Francais). But I have to admit that I have tried on an ABs jersey in the collection :oops:... not likely to ever wear it out, unless I lost a bet or moved to NZ.

T

tranquility

What happened to Richard Standford, is he not under contract with any of the australian sides?
He would be a good pickup for any Aussy side, although particuarly the Rebels. Good honest, super level toiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.