• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
This is an easy one Richo. Quite simply, the Waratahs will cherry pick the best talent from the Shute Shield and will therefore weaken the comp. It is quite a cunning strategy; thumbing their nose at the rugby community in Sydney by taking all the top talent out of it for their own devious purposes! ;)

Its all Isreal Folaus fault, he is a mungo mole intent on bringing down rugby from the inside

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Its all Isreal Folaus fault, he is a mungo mole intent on bringing down rugby from the inside

Actually, we have done a pretty good job ourselves. Look at the ARC, for example. I wonder whether the clubs that thought it was a good idea to oppose it then, still think that was a good decision.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On Mr Folau and turnovers, when I watched the replays I can came to the conclusion that part of the problem is the support units not expecting him to go so far at times and being late to the cleanout.

The Tahs are trying to be light on committing units to cleanouts as well

On the the Tahs cleanout work. In Cheika's interviews he talked about the height of units at the cleanout and before the game it was interesting to see Cheika holding a tackling pad horizontally before cleanout tackling pad held by a reserve to ensure they bent their backs

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
On a quick side note, does anyone know if the Tahs will be releasing a commemorative jersey or anything similar for the Lions game? Would like something along those lines for my jersey collection.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
On a quick side note, does anyone know if the Tahs will be releasing a commemorative jersey or anything similar for the Lions game? Would like something along those lines for my jersey collection.

I'm not sure, but I'd happily wear a GAGR commemorative Waratahs vs Lions jersey. I propose one that says "Rue the day ROG met McRae".

q8o0Z.gif

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ummm....Chiefs.....Scalpings.....Polynesian Players in the pic.
The NSWRU Marketing Dept is sticking it's neck out a bit here isn't it??

522051_10151386220599639_448056298_n.jpg

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Meh, it's not that hardcore. I released a blog on erectile dysfunction over easter under the title "He is risen!"

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

At the 2013 season launch, players appeared in one of three different jersey designs. The home and away have been used this year. The third is the heritage jersey. I can't recall whether they said when it will be used or any mention of a Lions commemorative jersey.

16147.jpg

It isn't listed for sale on the official Tahs merchandise website nor on the Canterbury Australian website.

However, you can buy it from Lovell Rugby in the UK for about A$105 delivered (says a lot about local prices when you can buy a jersey from the other side of the world and get it sent here for approx 35% cheaper than buying RRP locally). o_O

Here's the link to Lovell Rugby's listing:
http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby...-Super-15-Heritage-Replica-S-or-S-Rugby-Shirt

I would be keen to get one of the heritage ones if it was in the classic style with collar. I find the current Canterbury pro jerseys are an ugly design and don't fit well at all.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cheers Badger was going to buy that jersey but didn't want jump the gun in case there was a special jersey for the Lions game on the way.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Cheers Badger was going to buy that jersey but didn't want jump the gun in case there was a special jersey for the Lions game on the way.

No worries. Until they come out of the tunnel on 15 June at the SFS, there's always a chance the Tahs could come up with another design. ;)

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
Wessels, Roach and Horwitz will have to prove themselves in grade before any EPS talk. Skelton and Holloway won't be available for EPS spots next season seeing as it is only a one year contract possible upgrades.

Of the three mentioned, Roach played with Vikings in 2011 in first grade, and JWC in Italy. In 2012 played 1st grade (starting or off the bench) with Eastwood until injured at JWC in South Africa. Waldo was injured last year from memory but had already been pusing for a starting spot at Souths (?) prior to that, injuy costing him a possible trip to South Africa. All three played in the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) this year, (a level at least equal to SS) and accounted themselves well.

Interestingly Skelton has not played grade rugby or JWC as yet.
Holloway was stong in both SS 2012 and at JWC in South Africa.

Someone in the know should confirm or otherwise the truth of the "one year EPS" statement. Holmes (Tahs) and Man-Rae (Brumbies) amongst others seem to contradict this as both have been EPS for the last two years at different teams.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Absent, I have no doubt that those players mentioned above have the talent to make it. However, like you mentioned Wessels and Roach were out with long injury stints during the mid-back end of the season. IMO at the end of the day its not what you did two seasons ago its how you perform in the present, for them to get EPS acknowledgment a strong 2013 season is vital.

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
Absent, I have no doubt that those players mentioned above have the talent to make it. However, like you mentioned Wessels and Roach were out with long injury stints during the mid-back end of the season. IMO at the end of the day its not what you did two seasons ago its how you perform in the present, for them to get EPS acknowledgment a strong 2013 season is vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.