• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rob Horne would have to be the Wallabies second choice 13, wouldn't he? Then a big fat void. Seems a shame that he is likely to play at 12 next year. Between Lealiifano, Tapuai and the rapidly developing Godwin, I think we are well stocked for 12s in the coming years.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rob Horne would have to be the Wallabies second choice 13, wouldn't he? Then a big fat void. Seems a shame that he is likely to play at 12 next year. Between Lealiifano, Tapuai and the rapidly developing Godwin, I think we are well stocked for 12s in the coming years.
No. Kuridrani.
Will probably depend on who the coach is though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
just heard on ABC grandstand . oconnor has been cut loose by rebels ..strongly linked to waratahs .

Well done the Rebels for taking a stand.

It would have to be either Link or Cheika to sort these little pricks out.

If Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) turn up at Tahs training looking out of sorts I think they're probably going to spend a fair bit of time running 400s and chundering afterwards.

And I reckon Cheika would retain Foley at flyhalf regardless - but then where does everyone else go? I really like

10 Foley
11 Betham
12 Horne
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Crawford
15 Folau

Three of those are Wallabies, and the other three have the potential.

I just don't see room for those two in the Waratahs' culture

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
One of them is enough for us thanks. Kurtley is born and bred NSW, and should never have left in the first place. You would think Mr Pulver would be bankrolling Beale's move to the Tahs so he can stay with his family and keep his nose clean.

As for JOC (James O'Connor), he can play his way through the Shute Shield. Maybe running out at 3pm on Saturdays at Concord oval will ground him a bit. (Also club rugby might be the best place for him to learn to play 10)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so, just where do the pirates play ?

but given the lineup
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Betham
12 Horne
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Crawford
15 Folau

beale and JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench would be very handy ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One to QLD, one to NSW. Let the best coaches in the land sort them out as individuals, and get them to pull their heads in.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One to QLD, one to NSW. Let the best coaches in the land sort them out as individuals, and get them to pull their heads in.

Him?

337367-richard-graham.jpg

Eternity

Stan Wickham (3)
Lets see how you feel about this statement next season.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
I'm not overly optimistic, but Graham won't last long if he doesn't produce. McCall and Carmichael aren't fools. On the other hand, Foley's preference for limited journeymen over youth and talent looks incredibly frustrating. Combined with a narrow, conservative game plan and it'll be a wonder if the Force have any fans left by the time Foley's contract is over.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm not overly optimistic, but Graham won't last long if he doesn't produce. McCall and Carmichael aren't fools. On the other hand, Foley's preference for limited journeymen over youth and talent looks incredibly frustrating. Combined with a narrow, conservative game plan and it'll be a wonder if the Force have any fans left by the time Foley's contract is over.
Im not going to get into game plans of each coach but i will say that foley in the short time being here has done more than RG ever did. For starters he has brough all the WA talent RG sent away which has made many many ppl happy. Have fun with he kicking game next year......

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Link to a profile on the Tahs recently appointed GM of Commercial and Marketing (too long to quote):

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/features/profile-marcus-bennett/

I am surprised they didn’t find a suitable Australian for the role. It will be interesting to see how he goes. Don’t hold out much hope if the Tahs have to outsource the search for a major sponsor.

As an aside, I hope JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't end up at the Tahs, especially if KB (Kurtley Beale) returns. As much as I like watching KB (Kurtley Beale), not sure the Tahs really need him with the roster that Cheiks is building. If KB (Kurtley Beale) does return, he better put away the chip kicks. Otherwise, Cheiks will probably tear him a new one.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Link to a profile on the Tahs recently appointed GM of Commercial and Marketing (too long to quote):

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/features/profile-marcus-bennett/

I am surprised they didn’t find a suitable Australian for the role. It will be interesting to see how he goes. Don’t hold out much hope if the Tahs have to outsource the search for a major sponsor.

As an aside, I hope JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't end up at the Tahs, especially if KB (Kurtley Beale) returns. As much as I like watching KB (Kurtley Beale), not sure the Tahs really need him with the roster that Cheiks is building. If KB (Kurtley Beale) does return, he better put away the chip kicks. Otherwise, Cheiks will probably tear him a new one.

The Tahs hire a GM of Commercial & Marketing.The best candidate they could find,has no business contacts in Australia.Terrific!
What does he do in the search for a sponsor?
He fucking outsources his job!
Seriously,what a bunch of oxygen thieves.
Who appoints the board?
Why are they allowing this fiasco to continue?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I was impressed by Phipps late cameo on Saturday.

I reckon he is a fair bit better than most people think, and his quick ball game will get our backline motoring next season.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Phipps was good on the weekend, was enthusiastic and effective the whole time he was on. I think picking him over White ended up going well in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.