• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Interesting, although he is off contract. Do Tahs stick with Edmed and bring through Bowen. Harrison will be lucky to get a contract being out with another long term knee injury.
I think Edmed is signed until the end of next season? He would be a good acquisition, can play 12 as well as 10; and he can kick goals. He would go okay outside Carter Gordon.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think it would be disappointing if Harrison is not offered another contract, two years ago he was clearly the best of the three tens, and the two injuries weren't related, just bad luck, he may go on to have another ten years of top level rugby. Donaldson had a good game last week, and certainly has some ability, but if he were to go and we were left with Harrison, Edmed and Bowen I think we would be fine.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Harrison will be lucky to get a contract being out with another long term knee injury.

The cost to re-sign Harrison for a year or two next year is likely to be a lot cheaper than re-signing Donaldson.

Edmed is still contracted for next year and Bowen has to be seen by the organisation as a critical player to retain. He's the best part of 5 years younger than Donaldson and Harrison and nowhere near 5 years behind in his development.

I'd love to keep them all but in many ways Donaldson makes the most sense to let sign elsewhere.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...argeted-for-perth-switch-20230516-p5d8ta.html (really for 2024 but there's not a 2024 thread yet!)

The gist of the article:
The Western Force are targeting Waratahs No.10 Ben Donaldson to move to Perth next season, where he could form an all-Wallabies halves pairing with Nic White.

Donaldson is the latest Wallaby in the sights of Force coach Simon Cron, who is aiming to take advantage of a surplus of five-eighths on the Waratahs books with a recruitment strike on his former club.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...argeted-for-perth-switch-20230516-p5d8ta.html (really for 2024 but there's not a 2024 thread yet!)

The gist of the article:
tahs 2024 thread is here:

Force 2024 thread is here:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
tahs 2024 thread is here:

Force 2024 thread is here:
Had a boy look - didn't see it

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In fairness the tahs thread never really picks up until January when it's time to be the self-proclaimed champions again.
It's much easier then, before all the injuries from actual rugby fuck us up. Although I think we lead the training-injury ladder too. So, that's 2 titles we can have a go at claiming!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I can't find this gilet/vest to buy it online:
HgWr8Q9.md.jpg

Maybe someone can buy it in a store and send me or maybe if we win the tournament, all the Tahs users can buy together and send me as a present for being the farthest supporter lol

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Cron doesnt rate Pasitoa? I know Donaldson can play 15 but it's not his best spot.
Cron rates Pasitoa very highly:

"Head coach Simon Cron attests Pasitoa's size and natural talent as markers for a dynamic 'beastly' fly-half.

"He's a beast for a fly-half; there aren't many 100kg fly-halves going around. He's got real talent, so we have to nurture that for him to be successful here at the Force," Cron said.

"We are excited to coach him and get him back out on the field."

"From a distance looking at Perth and the Force, one of the guys that excited you in the playing group is Reesjan; unfortunately, when playing in clubland, he suffered an ACL injury. During his rehab, he has been a sponge listening to coaches and developing his rugby brain off the field."

Read More