• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Can only be Perese?

Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) still way too soft in contact to be a leagy and can't see them going for Pietsch.
Perese is signed until 2024. Ditto Mark Mark I think. It will be Tristan Rilley who is off contract

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
James Grant (his father) was originally a rugby player. Went to Stani's (I think), a rugby school, then used to play for Orange City, on to Country, Wallabies etc before changing to league, so really a rugby player who played some league, rather than the other way around.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tahs are a bit top heavy with wingers ATM. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) and Pietsch have grabbed their opportunities after not being first-choice selections last year. Turner and Ramm impressed in the early season trials before injuries struck. Added to that mix are Newsome and Funa, the latter who seemed to be down the pecking order. Bit disappointing to not see Reilly stick around after Newsome and Ramm announced their departures, maybe Triston reckoned the cerise and blue winger brigade were all for the departure doors. :rolleyes:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Talk about over-egging the pudding.

I like Triston Reilly but 80% of Waratahs members probably haven't heard of him.
What do you expect from a league paper but anything but the sky is falling for union after nrl getting one of our top union stars lol…I think I can cope with league taking players like Triston…nothing against him either and hope he goes well in league (and can then come back to union after league paid for his development)

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
He never really made an impact in the pre-season trials and never got an opportunity after them. Doesn't sound like he would have gotten much game time, so it's not surprising to see him exploring other options. Best of luck to him.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
With Pietsch, Mark Nawaqa, Nadolo covering wing (plus Perese can play wing if needed) there were never going to be many opportunities for other outside backs. Hence the departure of Newsome, Ramm and Reilly. FB cover is also there with Beale, Harrison and Donaldson. Walton and Tuipulotu fit again, there is plenty of quality across the back lines.

Pretty much clearing the decks so they can (hopefully) spend some cash on a XXL lock and decent reserve LH. (God help us if we go into next season with Ruan Smith and Tetera F....) Holz looked good, so hopefully TH will be solid behind HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Pietsch, Mark Nawaqa, Nadolo covering wing (plus Perese can play wing if needed) there were never going to be many opportunities for other outside backs. Hence the departure of Newsome, Ramm and Reilly. FB cover is also there with Beale, Harrison and Donaldson. Walton and Tuipulotu fit again, there is plenty of quality across the back lines.

Pretty much clearing the decks so they can (hopefully) spend some cash on a XXL lock and decent reserve LH. (God help us if we go into next season with Ruan Smith and Tetera F....) Holz looked good, so hopefully TH will be solid behind HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes).
Ruan smith yes underwhelming and clear now why moved on from reds. Faulkner I think ok for squad depth. Might not be looking at him close enough but thought he was ok this season. Yes holtz was big improver and looks to have bright future.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not his biggest fan but with the lack of depth at 15 is Jack McGregor worth a shot? Sydney boy and announced he is has finished up with the Force. Not a guy you want starting many games but could plug a hole if needed.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
A former Tah:
694b2283cb0af7294018cce2172ac6fb.jpeg.jpg

I'm not sure if it was at the same time that his alcohol issue or after it

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not his biggest fan but with the lack of depth at 15 is Jack McGregor worth a shot? Sydney boy and announced he is has finished up with the Force. Not a guy you want starting many games but could plug a hole if needed.
Our problems are at THP & Lock, not in the backs

We don't have a quality back up for HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and we are running mobile backrowers at lock