• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Pretty disappointed tahs happy to have a scrimmage (trial) vs Dragons in league. Yet won’t trial vs Shute shield north and south harbour??? Thought the idea was to mend relationships with club land not the NRL
where’s the announcement for this?

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone got any thoughts on the KB (Kurtley Beale) doco? Didn't mind it. Not exactly hard hitting journalism but that wasn't expected either
Was just drew mitchell having a chat to KB (Kurtley Beale).... wasnt that entertaining or insightful... hopefully someone gets something from it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, I think it's a stretch to even call it a scrimmage and we are jumping up and down about an Instagram picture putting out a team list and the letters vs.

Glorified touch and few picture opportunities. I don't think they have chosen this over a game against Shute Shield Clubs.
St George are the dregs of Sydney based NRL teams also, strange team to align with for media exposure given their own off field issues
Probably the only NRL team in Sydney they might think they can keep up with.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I actually thought about them then thought about a couple of their signings and it swayed me.

Both garbage

Benji probably not keen after his Blues adventure for 15 mins he wants nobody to remember.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Yeah, I think it's a stretch to even call it a scrimmage and we are jumping up and down about an Instagram picture putting out a team list and the letters vs.

Glorified touch and few picture opportunities. I don't think they have chosen this over a game against Shute Shield Clubs.
yet they cancelled the Shute shield fixture and went with this.
pretty much a fuck u clubland. May not have been there intention but not a good look.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
yet they cancelled the Shute shield fixture and went with this.
pretty much a fuck u clubland. May not have been there intention but not a good look.

They cancelled an actual trial game because they have half the squad returning from injury.

They are having a mildly opposed training run in the space of a regular training session at their regular training ground.

The two things are not remotely similar.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
They cancelled an actual trial game because they have half the squad returning from injury.

They are having a mildly opposed training run in the space of a regular training session at their regular training ground.

The two things are not remotely similar.
That's all true BH, but you need to give some Shute Shield supporters space for their grudge against the Tahs, it's important to their identity.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, not sure what the outrage is about...

Waratahs finish year with opposed session against NRL club

Darren Coleman had a few new faces to talk to on Monday, with the Waratahs coach welcoming the Dragons for an opposed session to start the final week of the year.

Skills coach Shannon Fraser, who also works with the Dragons, helped organise the session.

It is believed they will spend the day training alongside each other before finishing with an unofficial match, where one half will be played with the 10m line and the second half with rugby offside line behind the last man at the ruck.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure what you’re all getting your knickers in a twist for. It’s called adapting to new training ideas and methods that both parties could benefit from. If you always train against the same players you learn nothing. Plenty union could learn from league training and vice versa.
I think it’s a tremendous idea and should be used more.
Hats off to Darren Coleman for thinking outside the box with training. No surprise he is the sleeping giant of Australian coaches