• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Even though I think JS is a 13 long term it wouldn't surprise me to see him slot onto the Wing initially were Marky was with Jorgo still at 15 and Kellaway in for Perese at 13 for now.

I could also see Kellaway move back to 15 and Jorgo drop out and JS into 13. Jorgo is still so young it isn't concerning if he bobbed up and down in the side.

Lots of combos and JS at 15 is enticing but I can't imagine he's been doing much in play kicking for the last few years which makes him a target. He does have abetter foundation than Folau did though...
I completely forgot about Kellaway- yep Wilson and Moses are surplus to requirements.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I completely forgot about Kellaway- yep Wilson and Moses are surplus to requirements.
That's why it shouldn't be so shocking this has happened. Will Harrison getting back onto the field has added to it.

On paper the squad has upgraded which is something we should support. I include Will Harrison in the gains since we haven't had him for some time.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I didn't know this:

Waerea-Hargreaves first made a name for himself playing schoolboy rugby union at Iona College (Queensland), through some impressive performances in the AIC competition, making the AIC rep side which played the GPS rep side. Waerea-Hargreaves joined the Waratahs Academy in Sydney. Waerea-Hargreaves played for Australia at the 2007 Under 19 Rugby World Championship in Ireland alongside future-Super Rugby players, such as Dan Palmer, Pat McCabe and Blair Connor

Screenshot-20240506-004029-Instagram.jpg

In which position did he play? Backrow?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Played no.8

Played a season for the Manly Marlins before going to Manly in the NRL.

Would have been a brute of an 8 long term in Rugby
He was the substitute of Ben McCalman lol

The team for the opening pool game against Ireland on Thursday (5 April) is as follows;

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. James Hanson
3. Daniel Palmer
4. Robert Simmons
5. Sam Wykes (VC)
6. Ben McCalman
7. Rodney Maa
8. Michael Uoka

9. Jeremy Sua
10. Patrick McCabe
11. Andrew Barrett
12. Brett Gillespie (C)
13. Rowan Kellam
14. Alfred Mafi
15. Peter Betham

16. Ben Daley
17. Daniel Penca
18. Albert Anae
19. Adam Campbell
20. Jared Hargreaves
21. Chris Harkins
22. Dan Robinson
23. Jason Ryan
24. Mitchell Inman
25. Blair Connor
26. John Grant

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
He also played for the Central Coast Rays in the ARC (The first iteration of the now defunct NRC)
We lived on the Central Coast, went to all the home games, and I can remember him being on the bench and getting a few minutes. He was heavily hyped, obviously had a very aggressive agent.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Yep, as a small guy I quickly learned to tackle low. Leave the mid-torso big hits to the guys with plenty of body mass!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll back him to figure it out. He doesn't shirk the contact which is positive but he needs the coaching now.

Also an issue with the amount of times he's being required to try and pull off a try saver which aren't his fault.

Steve_Grey

Ward Prentice (10)
I'll back him to figure it out. He doesn't shirk the contact which is positive but he needs the coaching now.

Also an issue with the amount of times he's being required to try and pull off a try saver which aren't his fault.
He is a winger at Super Rugby level (for now) imo - FB at school was fine with a go forward pack, and smaller bodies to contend with in the tackle.

He needs to learn how to tackle lower, and stay out in defence - he has that schoolboy tendency to step in too early, rather than trust the man inside to make the tackle.