• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Lol.

Still waiting on cummins to sign! Come on already. Anyone got any goss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A friend of mine met with JOC (James O'Connor) last night and she says he is moving to Perth.

Not sure whether to hit "Like" or not to that! On the plus side, he's a spectacularly talented bloke but on the negative he comes across as being a spectacular dick head.

D

daz

A friend of mine met with JOC (James O'Connor) last night and she says he is moving to Perth.

The least surprising news of all, really.

Unless he goes abroad, the Force is the only Oz option left for JOC (James O'Connor).

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
got to give props to the YOUNG bloke he was out running water in club land on the weekend he didnt have to do it and would be a great buzz for the players to have a Wallabie running the bottles for them! I hope he does come back to Perth and proves all the nay sayers wrong!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He's the fact: JOC (James O'Connor) was never going anywhere. The Super Rugby teams are all subsidiaries of the ARU and generally they do what they're told.

If the Force get told to "sign him now and we'll pick up a fair whack of the tab", they'll do it.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Speight and Cummins aren’t really good comparisons.

Whilst both 11 and 14 are wingers the 2 are fast becoming very different positions with very different skill sets no more just left and right wing.

Cummins, Ioane and Tomane are all very similar crash and bash wingers who come in tight to make metres where as Speight and Folau are great finishes with great foot work usually as the end of the line.

I think Cummins is the next best 11 after Ioane (who has been living on past deeds for a while now) with Tomane close behind.

Speight and Folau are close but I would have Folau with his aerial work.
That is about right. Tomane at international level has not done his chances any good whereas Cullet is the opposite, he has revelled at the higher level. Speight and Folou are another sort of winger and shouldnt be compared to the Cullet / Tomane / Ioane style. We want a centre style wing and a fullback style wing to compliment each other.

For what it is worth, I would look to shift Cummins in to 13. I think he has the traits there with excellent defence, strong ball running, etc. And after AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) the cupboard is a little bare (Kuridrani is next IMO). Stick Cummins at 13, Morahan at 11, JOC (James O'Connor) at 14 and DHP at 15. Bench with Prior, Hayward and Rasolea and that is a strong backline with depth.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Looks like it will be announced in the next few days. Hopefully the honey badger is anounced along With JOC (James O'Connor). JOC (James O'Connor) will come good. He has had a massive wake up call. It will all work out. Look at quade. He has done very well since the toxic comment.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
He's the fact: JOC (James O'Connor) was never going anywhere. The Super Rugby teams are all subsidiaries of the ARU and generally they do what they're told.

If the Force get told to "sign him now and we'll pick up a fair whack of the tab", they'll do it.

Much like NSW did when the then Wallaby Captain was unwanted two years ago.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
One thing to read into though. If the reds are not interested in JOC (James O'Connor) does that mean they have secured cummins?

M

Moono75

If JOC (James O'Connor).2 does re-sign with the Force he'll be happy that the injury curse will be lifted from his head. Now if Pocock just wakes up to himself too.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If JOC (James O'Connor).2 does re-sign with the Force he'll be happy that the injury curse will be lifted from his head. Now if Pocock just wakes up to himself too.
Digby didn't when he left. And drew. It's so true!

M

Moono75

So are we anticipating an announcement on JOC (James O'Connor) this Friday so it gets good coverage in the weekend papers?

T

TOCC

Meehan is reportedly leaving the Force, looking for a new attack coach

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph:

WESTERN Force are planning on recruiting up to 20 South African rugby players to play in the local competition and train with the franchise.

Force coach Michael Foley wants to bring in players who have not represented the Springboks at under-21 level, which would technically make them eligible for the Wallabies and would not mark them as foreign imports.

-----------------
The second paragraph is a bit weird but the first one is interesting.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What a clown.

On what basis are South African players rejected by their 5 franchises,better prospects than Australian players rejected by their 5 franchises?
last I heard it's much easier/cheaper to resettle Australians from the eastern seaboard than to obtain visa's etc international airfares support networks etc

Status
Not open for further replies.