• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well , we needed that. NZ rugby didn't....

I wish I had been in Brissy I would have found out where those blokes were drinking last night and happily have thrown a weeks pay on the bar and shouted them a few beers. Great to see they got stuck in for Sharpie.

Good to see I am not the only one who is still dissapointed with the lack of skill, direction etc. Im not going to waffle on about that stuff like I usually do though.

Let's just hope a heap of punters all got on the draw so that tosser Tom Waterhouse goes under.....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was the presentation to Mealamu shown on tv? Richie spoke very well and then presented KeV his cap, who then spoke well in saying his thankyous. The Aussies came in and applauded and then Sharpie came forward and presented a gift to Kev as well. A quality moment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The whole thing was done with class.

Wonder what the ARU present was?

Others in Chez Jarse thought it was a box of Krispie Kreme donuts!:)

Synicbast

Frank Row (1)
From an AB supporter, I'm disappointed that the win streak is over, but can live with the result. The Wallabies could have won the game, just as the ABs could have, so honours were deservedly even as both teams played like crap.

The one shining light from the game happened after the final whistle, with Kev's presentation and Sharpe's gigft on behlaf of the Wallabies. Sharpe didn't deserve to end his test career on a loss, given his character shown throughout his final season. Well done, Mate, you've earned your accolades and you went out giving 100% right to the end, unlike Gregan.

Sadly, much of the good feeling has been seriously diminished for me by the actions of Higginbotham. There's a major difference between playing hard and cheap shots...there has been a fairly regular occurence by opposing teams of targeting GOAT with cheap thuggery over the last 6 years. Probably I see it as pervasive in games with the Wallabies because of the amount of games we play, but there's no place in the game for such.

Oh and GOAT's decision to take the scrum at the end was ballsy given that Scrum penalties can be a 50/50 lottery at the best of times.

Reactions: ACR

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ You're comparing ITM to Test Rugby?

What an awesome weekend of heavensgame?

Just finishing up watching the replays and the recorded ITM Cup semifinal games on the Foxtel IQ.

Execution, and skill level left a bit of room for improvement but there was spades of PRIDE, PASSION, WINNER TAKES ALL ATTITUDE.

The things I love about rugby.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting with the whole Burgess/Giteau saga, I wonder if it was put to Mark Chisholm to revive his international career

Chisolm ain't the way to go. I personally disagree we need sharpie to go, but the captaincy/leadership role is reason enough. We just need someone harder and meaner to replace Dennis.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Iv seen a few kiwis saying on here and on other sites that the smith try should have been a try because harris never got the ball down. So just to clear it up.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350780226959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350780226959.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 326

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not much argument there, actually glad you showed that as Fotel seemed to not want to replay it.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh and GOAT's decision to take the scrum at the end was ballsy given that Scrum penalties can be a 50/50 lottery at the best of times.

God I was freaked that he chose the scrum, one slipped bind or fold and you lose the game. Most captains I'm sure would tap, he obviously wanted a bit of space to operate though. Also, Liam Gill while giving a penalty away, I'm sure the kid is smart enough to realise that 60-70 metres out it wouldn't hurt them too much after full time. Although he was in the wrong, forcing a holding on would've given them a winning penalty. Ben Smith might have made his break off the subsequent quick tap?

Nail biting stuff at the end there. I was actually quite surprised that Carter missed the drop goal. He's done it a lot of times now, against SA last week and won us the second test against Ireland. I personally couldn't give a stuff that it was Sharpies last home game, I still wished it went over. Just because you're a good bloke doesn't mean I don't want you to lose. Brian O'Driscoll didn't get his fairy tale. While the draw might have been a fair result I would still love an ugly undeserved win over that (Ireland 2). lol.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Like our restarts? The Blecks got 6 points off our restart fuckups.

At just about every restart the AB's looked for and deliberately targeted McCabe. He is so bad under the high ball that he coughed it up at least 3 or 4 times off the restart. Why couldn't the Wallabies put someone competent at catching near him. Why did the coaching staff persist having him on the field. He was a massive liability during the whole game and he knew it and showed us he knew it when he threw his mouth guard away after his umpteenth error.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The win would've given us a whole extra ranking point, however we're now almost 2 points ahead of SA.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
At just about every restart the AB's looked for and deliberately targeted McCabe. He is so bad under the high ball that he coughed it up at least 3 or 4 times off the restart. Why couldn't the Wallabies put someone competent at catching near him. Why did the coaching staff persist having him on the field. He was a massive liability during the whole game and he knew it and showed us he knew it when he threw his mouth guard away after his umpteenth error.

How many restarts did any AB take?
I don't hear any talk of sacking AB's who were in a catching position with the restart.And there is a reason for that.

D

daz

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) coughed up a doozy as well, and he is our best bomb catcher.

No matter where Pat went on the field, the Darkness would have stalked him.

Agree the re-starts are ordinary, but it was ordinary across the board really. Unfair to target McCabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.