• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 IRB Junior World Championship - France

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not much has changed the last couple years has it? A lot of young guys. Our lack of cohesive shows, Ireland have such an advantage playing the Six Nations.

I like the look of Dempsey.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
They attack really well and get over that advantage line. Only problem is they should get a bit more territory before bashing the ball up field. Save your energy for that stuff in the OPP 22!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not much has changed the last couple years has it? A lot of young guys. Our lack of cohesive shows, Ireland have such an advantage playing the Six Nations.

I like the look of Dempsey.
Too true. Even Argentina have their developing program and have really stepped it up.

We are getting left behind.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ARU are fucking stupid, yeah let's play one game against PNG. Why are we not consistently playing the Kiwis and Boks. I know, money but this pathway is so important.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Careful, the Bulls will sign all our players first with subtle obstruction techniques like that.

Seriously though, good signs now. They are playing a bit smarter.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The ARU are fucking stupid, yeah let's play one game against PNG. Why are we not consistently playing the Kiwis and Boks. I know, money but this pathway is so important.
Yeah. Surely playing the Kiwis would at least be as feasible as PNG.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't look on purpose, he was holding his leg and tried to get out of it. They collapsed that maul, was a certain try.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
lmao 'accidental stomping'. This isn't state of origin.

Agree about the collapsed maul though. But if we want penalty tries we need to not commit foul play ourselves first.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Didn't look on purpose, he was holding his leg and tried to get out of it. They collapsed that maul, was a certain try.

The collapsed maul would have let to a penalty surely, and they might have got the try eventually, but that was just meathead play by the big lock. Looked very intentional to me.
Ireland were very impressive at the set piece and breakdown.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The guy was holding his leg on the ground and he tried to get out of it. Go back and watch it.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
The guy was holding his leg on the ground and he tried to get out of it. Go back and watch it.

I'll watch it again when it's up somewhere, but from the two or three viewings I got during the livestream it looked clear cut to me.
Anyways, Ireland certainly the deserved winners. They looked good in the forwards, but both teams' scrumhalves put in some great kicks there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bruce it's unbelievable really. Ireland played 5 matches in a competition format against England, Italy, Wales, Scotland and France earlier in the year. How are we expected to compete with that with just one game against PNG?? The lack of cohesiveness was so evident, passes not going to the man, lack of breakdown support and little direction. You really wonder whether the ARU care.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Bruce it's unbelievable really. Ireland played 5 matches in a competition format against England, Italy, Wales, Scotland and France earlier in the year. How are we expected to compete with that with just one game against PNG?? The lack of cohesiveness was so evident, passes not going to the man, lack of breakdown support and little direction. You really wonder whether the ARU care.
Qwerty agree, one of the reasons picking combinations was important for the Wobs, haven't seen the run on yet but the 9, 10, 12, 13 may not have started together in a test before.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Ireland were clearly the better side today - much smaller too and yet still seemed to bash our big boys around . The tight head for Ireland was working our lose head even though he gave about 20kgs.

Watching the USA / SA game now - a good friend of mine coaches the USA 20's. They have a real tough challenge ahead with some loses against Canada in the warm ups. Heres hoping they can get their stuff together because there is some real talented players in that squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.