• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 SA Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think your point is very valid and has a lot of merit.

<snip>

IMHO I think their is a direct correlation to the financial issue of Australian and SA rugby and the composition of the management and administration they have in place.

Without any doubt. The correlations are perturbing. But its the non-correlations or more correctly the quantitive differences within the correlations that make provide for the different states of the game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Business acumen does not appear to be a requirement to become a rugby administrator in most countries. Contrast the American sports where businessmen own the franchises. How's that working for them? Pretty darn good.

Reactions: mst

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The cc has always been the heart of SA rugby.

Our provinces sell older players and invest in as many youngsters they can.

The indications are always to see where and how many schoolboys get contracted.

This obvious is our rugby biggest problem.

Schoolboy kids earning a lot of money.

Bulls contracted 55, Stormers 44 & Lions 28 for 2017.

A sections teams will play u19 & u21 CC, the others only u20 CC.

No matter where what player chicken run, our schools culture are strong rugby wise from u7 age and will always produce players for the future.

We see already our 7s dominating, wont take long before we get back in the 15 version of the game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm hoping someone here was at the Bulls Chiefs trial at Ballymore and can clear a vouple of things:

1 the first try by Odendale (centre) is variously described as 1/ an intercept, 2/ coming off a dominant Bull scrum, 3 The centre bursting THROUGH the scrum to score. I am perplexed.

2 When the wholesale bench changes were made at the end, did anyone notice what position Brummer slotted into? I'm guessing 10 or 15, suspect 15 but dont know.

Thanks!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
It does seem there may be life in the Bok yet if the positives until now from the Super Rugby is any indication. We'll see after having played more Kiwi teams in the next few rounds.

There's a collective desire at least to atone for last year's dismal showing across the board.

chibimatty

Jimmy Flynn (14)
forgive me if I no longer trust a coach who says he is playing a black player at fullback for the experience.

Wow. Can a writer so flagrantly accuse an honest hard-working coach of racism and just get away with it?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ackerman deserves the chance to broaden his horizons.

Yes. It's not good for SA though, when the Euro purchasing is chasing top coaches as well as players. You cant halt the player drain, but I would think it smart to throw money at top coaches. Maybe something like a 2-3 year sabatical.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes. It's not good for SA though, when the Euro purchasing is chasing top coaches as well as players. You cant halt the player drain, but I would think it smart to throw money at top coaches. Maybe something like a 2-3 year sabatical.
True, but our corrupt president has ensured SA will soon have nothing left, with the Rand tumbling by 11% already to the USD since he recalled and fired our finance minister at Midnight Friday (or perhaps on April 1st).

Subsequently we have been downgraded by S&P to sub-investment grade (junk status).

Furthermore, it has been confirmed that Brendan Venter will only be with the Springboks for a short while and when the Boks take on Italy in Rome on November the 25th Venter will be with the Italians once again plotting the downfall of the Boks.

Status
Not open for further replies.