• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowerforlife

Peter Burge (5)
Apologies for my earlier statements, I clearly did speak too soon. Shore definitely dominated the finals by wide margins. Shame that Augustine's entered the First IV race with their best rowers....

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
To my best guess the Kings 3rd VIII raced as the 3rd and 4th IV's.
Possibly due to exchange? seems to plague Kings every few years..[/quote]

Better to race up than race down.

Andrew B Cox

Sydney Middleton (9)
The above comments are true. We have up to 12 senior men away on exchange at present. Some will drift back after the racing. All on deck for January. All are on programs and sculling at their exchange schools.

Major Rennie

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks to be another v good Shore 1st and 2nd 8. See if anyone can close gaps though hard to foresee.

Next few years will be interesting though as the Yr 10 1st 8 race suggests Joeys will again compete for the title. Shore either had shocker or they are off the pace.

MR

Edgar Ijmuiden

Stan Wickham (3)
I have never read nor understood the code and it seems meaningless, ball sport orientated and outdated. Another breach I observed recently is in regards to paragraph 1 of this conduct, the well discussed scholarship issue.

You are correct, but it happens all the time. People would perhaps worry if a certain Schools eight was all in the sudden competitive

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have never read nor understood the code and it seems meaningless, ball sport orientated and outdated. Another breach I observed recently is in regards to paragraph 1 of this conduct, the well discussed scholarship issue.
Agree there is no point having rules if they are ignored and there is no sanction for breaches.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably better form to just say who it is than to let lurkers of this forum creep around on the RNSW results and entries to try and find the 'offenders'

Nah - better form not to mention it on this forum.
PS Unfortunately, one of the seats was incorrect.

rowbuddy

Frank Nicholson (4)
I wasn't aware that naming a seat (and yes one was wrong) was an offence. I have deleted my original comment and apologise for possibly breaching forum rules. Let's talk rowing then...and I will be more cryptic in the future.

<Mods Note: Wise move>

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
BHTS, seriously, apart from you, does anyone else care? Scots came third today in a respectful 5.57.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
BHTS, seriously, apart from you, does anyone else care? Scots came third today in a respectful 5.57.
I would think it's of general interest when there is a change of coaching personnel at any school. Even more so when the coach in question has enjoyed a high GPS profile, eagerly courted attention and indulged in a number of public meltdowns.

Interested Academic

Frank Row (1)
It's not right and the GPS should have rules governing it, and be able to grant exemptions in cases (perhaps such as this) where it may be the appropriate boat class, similarly to the TAS, Grammar, and High, Rugby situation
Let's leave it at that so we don't go around and around in circles again and again

Well there's more than 1 school to have scratched and entered down a div at the last regatta. Seems this may become a norm for this time of year... can't happen at HOTR though.

Interested Academic

Frank Row (1)
Draw out for Head of the Parramatta. Only Grammar, Newington and High entered in the 1st and 2nd VIII. Newington has also entered two quads in the race.
As expected Shore have entered in all the fours with the 2nd to 4th Four being made up mainly of the Shore Junior VIIIs, looking at the names. With the 1st IV being half fours from last year and half Junior VIII's.

Newington VII's look to also be mostly Junior VIII's from last year with the exception of two or three who were in the fours or 1st VIII. It will be interesting to see how Newington go this year with only having two fours last year. Good news is that they now have 3 fours.

And the exception of their new recruits :)

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)

So who is running the Scots regatta for them? If, apart from my good self, nobody cares? Oh and the Scots' result was respectable. We hope they were also respectful, but that can't be recorded on the scoreboard.

rowerforlife

Peter Burge (5)
A junior regatta this Saturday.. A good opportunity to look at the futures for many school rowing programs.

Quick question: What happened to the High Year 10 1st and 2nd VIIIs? Head of the Yarra again?

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Joeys are going to the HOTY. Perhaps they figure it does the world of good for Scotch Melb Grammar etc? I'd like to know what the upshot is with KT. Always enjoy his antics.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Joeys are going to the HOTY. Perhaps they figure it does the world of good for Scotch Melb Grammar etc? I'd like to know what the upshot is with KT. Always enjoy his antics.

Yes, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't bob up somewhere else so we can continue to enjoy the entertainment KT provides. I'll bring the popcorn, fpiglet.

Status
Not open for further replies.