• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DD!3$01D80Y

Rory Humphries and Tevita Folau, both from Eddies made Queensland U18 rep side.

Grubber

Frank Row (1)
From a realiable source I have heard that Marist number 10 should be playing number 9. Apparently he got selected for club rep as a brilliant nine and would have gone further if it wasn't for an injury in his final game. Not sure how the current nine got his position? heard something like he's the coaches son?
Also heard the Marist 10 played State U15 half back for WA in 2010 and was in the Rugby WA Academy program for a while before moving to QLD

N

Next

Notice how i said "other players with POSSIBLE chances" when referring to the Peters' 10; never once did i rate him as a quality player. Personally im yet to see a number 10 stand up and have a serious go at the AIC 1 jersey and in my opinion that spot is open to anyone at this stage of the season. And how can you speak of over-rated players then say the Peters' 9 will be in? He has not impressed in the games ive seen of Peters. I haven't seen him play yet this season but id say St Lauries scrumhalf Damon Bingham would have a good shot at the AIC 1 number 9. Great pass, box-kick, defence as well as good game-sense and vision. Definately wouldn't be surprised if he took it out.

All jokes aside what would you say your criteria are for selection of a 9 or 10 for AIC ? I am interested because there are many differing opinions in this thread.

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
number 9 from iona is an outstanding player from what ive seen, plays league sees opportunities to run, great defender and solid passing. and 10 from ashgrove is the only 10 worth considering for aic at this stage no one even compares IMO

P

pick and go

if you look the top 3 teams this year (eddies, peters ash) surely those three teams would dominate the AIC teams.
Also when are the aic teams announced?

E

EliteLeague

Brayden Torpy isn't out for the season, he's in the Villanova lineup this week apparently.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Up and Jam is clearly a St Peters troll with nothing between his ears... Manu will play hooker in rep duties and Brayden Torpy is out for the season with a broken arm. Also where is Sorridimi in your "AIC 1" front row... And KVG91, Iona's number 13 played QLD 16 Red last year at starting outside and is signed with the Broncos. Yes he hasn't exactly fired this year yet (is playing about 75% with a knee injury) but if he isn't at this "AIC 1 Level" that you speak of then who is? In regards to St Peters players selected in AIC 1, i would have said definately Rambi at either wing or fullback, but obviously he is out of the race now with his broken ankle. Other players with possible chances would be the 10 Tkatchenko and the 11 Duma, other than that i cant see any other backs in the mix for AIC 1 and i didnt take much notice of the forwards.

calm down there brisbanerugby93, its just one persons opinion. up and go's team doesnt look too bad. granted manu is going to be the aic1 hooker but he could quite easily play as no.8 as his ball running skills are the best in the comp. I saw the peters 2 against marist and his set piece that game was pretty good, so having those 2 in the side wouldn't be crazy just very unlikely. my team would look something like this;

1. Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Manu - Eddies
3. Hatzis - Lauries
4. Roe - Eddies
5. Butterworth - Lauries
6. Marist 7 - name escapes me
7. Grey - Peters
8. Wilkin - Iona
9. Briskie - Padua
10. Knox - Ashgrove
11. Duma - Peters
12. Humphries - Eddies
13. Maka - Ashgrove
14. Bennet - Peters
15. Bennet - Eddies

this team would be big enough and have the skills necessary to take on gps 1. the backline has 2 big boppers to bend the defence in Duma and Maka with speed on the flanks in the form of the 2 bennets. the forward pack has 3 good ball runners in Manu, Roe and Wilkin and 2 excellent ruck technicians in Grey and the Marist 7, rounded out by 2 hard working props.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Keep in mind that the selectors generally favor Year 12's over the 11's and 10's. This is generally the deciding factor when choosing two players in the same position of equal talent which might effect whether Wilkin will get a run in AIC 1, although he definitely has the talent to be there. #15 for Villa would be a shoe in for AIC 2 having two years of 1st XV under his belt and is a pretty strong ball runner on a good day, not to mention his kicking prowess. #10 from Villa also shouldn't be overlooked. #15 from Iona is a really good player, great ball runner. Would also be worthy of an AIC jersey.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
All jokes aside what would you say your criteria are for selection of a 9 or 10 for AIC ? I am interested because there are many differing opinions in this thread.

Based on what I have seen this year, thus dismissing last years play and whatever rep sides they have made in the past, I would have the 10 from Ashgrove (Knox) playing 9 and either the Peters 10 Tkatchenko or the Eddies 10 as the AIC halves combination.

F

FLUBBA WUBBA NOONGA

Im going to have too agree with you on that point Mighty Ox due too the fact that at the games I have seen this year there havent been any real standout 10s that i have seen. I think the asgrove 10 is better suited to halfback.

R

RedsFanBase

Wow you St Peters kids are making yourselves look bad. Stop wasting your time. The selectors of the AIC teams don't read these forums let alone do they let these posts sway their selections.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Based on what I have seen this year, thus dismissing last years play and whatever rep sides they have made in the past, I would have the 10 from Ashgrove (Knox) playing 9 and either the Peters 10 Tkatchenko or the Eddies 10 as the AIC halves combination.

arent you contradicting yourself there KVG? the ashgrove 10 has only played 10 this year :) so why would you move him to 9, a position he played last year, if you are dismissing last years play?

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
These St Peters kids are looking like absolute idiots and really should stop now.

agreed. Grow up boys. some people actually use this forum to talk rugby. You dont see Eddies boys on here talking crap, they will most likely do their talking on the field.

3DD!3$01D80Y

Since Brayden Torpy is out I'd put Kyle Blackman now at 13. Hard solid ball runner and defender and has a good boot. No one has really noticed this guy and I'm not sure if he will make AIC 1 but Jordan Perese has played pretty good this season, he has been out for 2 weeks with an injury and is an important asset to the team and we need him to play against Ashgrove. Although he is short and quality Number 8's are post to be tall so I'm not sure about him, if there is another Number 8 out there with the same skill but taller, that guy would definitely make it over Jordan Perese.

These are the guys from Eddies that should make AIC 1/2
2. Andrew Manu - AIC 1
4. Lachlan Roe - AIC 1
8. Jordan Perese - AIC 1/2
12. Rory Humphries - AIC 1
13. Kyle Blackman - AIC 1/2
15. Wilson Bennet - AIC 1

I am confident that Kyle Blackman will make AIC 1 since Torpy is out now but again, not sure about Perese. Any other outside centres that are in competition for the Number 13 spot?

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
arent you contradicting yourself there KVG? the ashgrove 10 has only played 10 this year :) so why would you move him to 9, a position he played last year, if you are dismissing last years play?

I can see why you could assume that, and you make a valid point. But from the two games I have seen him play his skill set definitely translates to a quality no.9 rather than a 10.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
calm down there brisbanerugby93, its just one persons opinion. up and go's team doesnt look too bad. granted manu is going to be the aic1 hooker but he could quite easily play as no.8 as his ball running skills are the best in the comp. I saw the peters 2 against marist and his set piece that game was pretty good, so having those 2 in the side wouldn't be crazy just very unlikely. my team would look something like this;

1. Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Manu - Eddies
3. Hatzis - Lauries
4. Roe - Eddies
5. Butterworth - Lauries
6. Marist 7 - name escapes me
7. Grey - Peters
8. Wilkin - Iona
9. Briskie - Padua
10. Knox - Ashgrove
11. Duma - Peters
12. Humphries - Eddies
13. Maka - Ashgrove
14. Bennet - Peters
15. Bennet - Eddies

this team would be big enough and have the skills necessary to take on gps 1. the backline has 2 big boppers to bend the defence in Duma and Maka with speed on the flanks in the form of the 2 bennets. the forward pack has 3 good ball runners in Manu, Roe and Wilkin and 2 excellent ruck technicians in Grey and the Marist 7, rounded out by 2 hard working props.

Pretty much spot on mate.
Thoughts on AIC 2 then?.

15. Brayden Torpy (Villa)
14. Branagh Corcoran (Iona)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
12. Xavier Bell (SLC)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)
9. Joel Lui (Villa)
8.Tom Richter (Padua)
7. Jordan Perese (SEC)
6.Lindsay Collins (Padua)
3. Garrath Ryan (Padua)
2. Shaun Laurie (SPLC)

Anyone help to fill the blanks.
These are based on solid performances I have seen this year, even with Padua 0 from 4 . These forwards have done the job for me

V

Viss

Pretty much spot on mate.
Thoughts on AIC 2 then?.

15. Brayden Torpy (Villa)
14. Branagh Corcoran (Iona)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
12. Xavier Bell (SLC)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)
9. Joel Lui (Villa)
8.Tom Richter (Padua)
7. Jordan Perese (SEC)
6.Lindsay Collins (Padua)
3. Garrath Ryan (Padua)
2. Shaun Laurie (SPLC)

Anyone help to fill the blanks.
These are based on solid performances I have seen this year, even with Padua 0 from 4 . These forwards have done the job for me
Would you pick Padua boys when they have been the worst team this year? Even the shocking Pats side of this year has produced better quality performances under the pump than the Padua team of this year.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
Would you pick Padua boys when they have been the worst team this year? Even the shocking Pats side of this year has produced better quality performances under the pump than the Padua team of this year.
I do agree with what your saying, and due to Padua's poor performances this year, may cost them in the rep teams, however from the 2 games I have seen, richter, Ryan and Collins have done the work of the entire forward pack and have troubled opposition teams at times. Without these 3 in the pack, Padua would concede close to 60 points every week. But if they don't pick up a few wins, it will probably cost them their spots in AIc

V

Viss

I do agree with what your saying, and due to Padua's poor performances this year, may cost them in the rep teams, however from the 2 games I have seen, richter, Ryan and Collins have done the work of the entire forward pack and have troubled opposition teams at times. Without these 3 in the pack, Padua would concede close to 60 points every week. But if they don't pick up a few wins, it will probably cost them their spots in AIc
Yeah yeah I see what you mean, poor blokes deserve a shot in a decent team! Seems like last year may have been a one off for Padua and Pats alike?

Status
Not open for further replies.