• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee I know it gets boring but, just to qualify my argument:
This year Waldouck is vice captain for wasps and Flutey is going to be the preferred 12. Therfore in the coaches heads I believe along with many wasps supporters that their ideal centre partnership is 12. Flutey 13. Waldouck. Jacobs is probably the first choice 15 atm due to Giz being inconsistent.

The england centre situation is a list of the players who I believe Jonno would turn to if players were injured unavailable. Its not to say that these are the options available who could start but the depth chart if players get injured. Thats why I had Tindall at 12 before some of the others because Mj would probably do that before he started barkley or JTH or someone else. Not that Tindall is likely to push Hape out of 12.

I did watch the Biarritz game and If you were talking about the drop goal situation I see your point (he was in he pocket but didn't demand the ball from Claasens, was extremely pissed off in the post match interview), but earlier in the season he was playing well although his form has dropped off.

Looking forward to seeing how SBW plays on SAT, my friend thinks he will either make mistakes or tear up. I think (hope!) that he has a quiet game.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting that the Troika are prepared to extensively rotate players in a 5 tests in 29 days scenario. Bet my last chips we won't and then we'll wonder why in our game against France everyone looks knackered from the kick-off.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm more excited to see Hosea Gear there. He's a classy player, really difficult to stop.

I thought SBW played nearly all his footy in NZ at 12?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
He did but he had one tester game at 13 to see if he was capable there aswell

Also Hosea Gear is so dangerous i fear for Cueto if Gear is playing right wing

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh Hosea is great - I rate him in the top 10 wingers in world rugby; unfortunately he hasn't got many opportunities at this level.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I woke up this morning and had a moment of clarity. True story.

I woke up and thought: the SH teams might not have it all their own way this Northern tour. Think about it this way. Go back to the start of the year, and we had a thread called "All Blicks: a wee bit shut". I agreed - I thought that this looked like the weakest AB in quite some time. What we didn't expect is that the Springboks would go completely backwards so fast. This is due to some guys getting too old, and a rule change that destroyed their game plan.

I haven't liked the way Robbie has been coaching us, and I reckon there are some selection and game plan issues across the park. So, the fact that we're number 2, might just mean that both the ABs and Boks have got worse since last year. Let's not forget that England beat us this year.

I reckon far from winning a clean sweep, we're going to lose a couple, Saffers will lose a couple, and the ABs ... well, they probably won't lose any, but they might well go close.

D

dwats002

I woke up this morning and had a moment of clarity. True story.

I woke up and thought: the SH teams might not have it all their own way this Northern tour. Think about it this way. Go back to the start of the year, and we had a thread called "All Blicks: a wee bit shut". I agreed - I thought that this looked like the weakest AB in quite some time. What we didn't expect is that the Springboks would go completely backwards so fast. This is due to some guys getting too old, and a rule change that destroyed their game plan.

I haven't liked the way Robbie has been coaching us, and I reckon there are some selection and game plan issues across the park. So, the fact that we're number 2, might just mean that both the ABs and Boks have got worse since last year. Let's not forget that England beat us this year.

I reckon far from winning a clean sweep, we're going to lose a couple, Saffers will lose a couple, and the ABs ... well, they probably won't lose any, but they might well go close.

Cant say the Ab's have gotten worse, but def the Saffers. Thought Aus looked worse at the start, but improvements have been made. Think the Ab's will peek next year with a few new players and combos

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
My moment of clarity while winding up my pommy business partner was this.

This All Black team is very good, but a but thuck. Run straight at them, no probs. Cause them to think like QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - big probs.

The poms have almost no-one to make the ABs think. Foden maybe.

Therefore poms have picked a heavyweight backline and pack to batter the Blacks. This won't have any effect, in fact the Blacks will knock em backwards at the tackle contest.

The poms, far from getting the fast ball go forward that worked for them in the 2nd test vs Aus, will revert to painfully slow ball, and eventually crabbing sideways into touch.

Tightish in the first half, embarrassing in the second.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You have to wonder where the English points are going to come from. The All Blacks are good in the scrum, so England won't get much of an advantage there; average in the lineout, which is an area that England should attack; and very good at the break down, leading to counter attack opportunities. England are going to need a lot of the pill and unless Moody plays the absolute game of his life, I'm not sure how they are going to secure enough of it.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My moment of clarity while winding up my pommy business partner was this.

This All Black team is very good, but a but thuck. Run straight at them, no probs. Cause them to think like QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - big probs.

The poms have almost no-one to make the ABs think. Foden maybe.

Therefore poms have picked a heavyweight backline and pack to batter the Blacks. This won't have any effect, in fact the Blacks will knock em backwards at the tackle contest.

The poms, far from getting the fast ball go forward that worked for them in the 2nd test vs Aus, will revert to painfully slow ball, and eventually crabbing sideways into touch.

Tightish in the first half, embarrassing in the second.

Unbelievable. The Wallabies win one game after 10 straight defeats and we're "thuck"???

For every QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) you have running around we have a Dan Carter, Corey Jane, Mils Muliaina and Conrad Smith. Not mention some pretty sharp forwards who take your forward pack to pieces 9 times out of 10.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If I could add to Gagger's comment the ABs do the basic rugby things very, very well. The scrummage, pass, tackle and back up superbly. NZ sides always put enormous pressure on their opponents in both attack and defence while having a knack of holding their team structure intact. And I'm not forgetting the NZ speciality of competing fiercely at the breakdown, as they've done since time immemorial. But NZ rugby teams do rely somewhat on their opponents presenting a conventionial game to be played; this Wallaby side with its ability to vary their width/numbers/spacing, and all done at pace, put the ABs into a place where they were uncomfortable. They couldn't "think" their way out of this situation on the go. And they were beaten.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unbelievable. The Wallabies win one game after 10 straight defeats and we're "thuck"???

For every QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) you have running around we have a Dan Carter, Corey Jane, Mils Muliaina and Conrad Smith. Not mention some pretty sharp forwards who take your forward pack to pieces 9 times out of 10.

Mate, you don't have to shit your pants every time someone says something negative/light-hearted about the All Blacks. We all know they're the best team/infallible/too lofty to even joke about.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

They're not called the Dimness for nothing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.